Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Control Sampler Volume In Headphones without touching master sampler level?
I do a lot of practice mixing and also record DJ Mixes in the headphones and often find the sampler volume to be too loud compared to the music when the faders are fully up. Is there a way to control the sampler volumes in the headphones without touching the overall master level of the Sampler? I have a knob mapped to sampler_volume but that does not effect the volume in the headphones even when the cue/mix knob is turned all the way to "master" on my midi mixer. Basically right now it works the opposite of what I want. I can control the volume of the sampler on the master output but the headphone level for the sampler is always at full blast and cannot be controlled unless you turn everything down on the headphone output music and sampler.

Posted Fri 25 Jun 21 @ 8:20 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
yes, the sampler is post fader and mostly always too loud in headphones, not representing final mix during preview
Full level in the headphone is really annoying in most case
Already reported but with no success

Posted Fri 25 Jun 21 @ 11:03 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can combine the mapping with sampler_pfl to also change the volume of the sampler in the headphones

Posted Sat 26 Jun 21 @ 3:04 am
Thanks! Will give that a try😁

Posted Sat 03 Jul 21 @ 6:49 am