Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Who can explain the three new functions
BUILD 6525 (2021-06-18)

-Add Wireless Display opton to video output menu
-Allow video skins to define an 'optionsmenu' to show a menu in the video output menu
-Lottery plugin has outline for text to improve readability

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 6:53 am
The first one is pretty self explanatory. I can't get it to work though. If I have a media file on my desktop and right click>cast to device it picks up my TV straight away, but in VDJ it doesn't find any external devices?

Great to finally see an order column in playlists though, will be a lot of happy users with this option.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 6:56 am
Wireless Display connection uses Miracast or Apple Airplay to work.
Therefore your smart TV must support one of the above wireless connection methods.

PS: Sending a file to a device and letting the device play it is different than streaming video directly on the device. In General, if Windows / MAC OS can show their desktop wirelessly on a smart TV then VirtualDJ will be able to connect to it as well.

Finally:
Quote :
-Add Wireless Display opton to video output menu
-Allow video skins to define an 'optionsmenu' to show a menu in the video output menu
-Lottery plugin has outline for text to improve readability

First one has been explained I think... Right click on video preview display to bring up the Video Options menu and use the Wireless Connection if applicable.
Second one is a new addition to skin engine. It allows video skins to have a clickable menu in order to be able to set options and parameters for it (previously you usually had to use custom buttons or special pad pages in order to set options for more complex video skins)
The third should be also self explanatory. On the lottery plug in the text can now have an outline to be easier to see/read regardless of video background, same way as "text" plugin has.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 7:16 am
Thanks.

I have a Samsung 55" smart TV but can't get Windows 10 to connect to it.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 7:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Airplay is only from macOS. Still likely your tv supports miracast as well then. Note that you may need to select it on your tv first before it becomes available to your computer.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 7:34 am
Since I also own 3 recent models of Samsung smart TV's:
On Samsungs the first time a new device tries to connect a pop-up window appears on top of the screen asking you if you want to allow the connection.
If you don't answer that pop up for some time it goes away and the TV silently will deny all the future connections from that device. You can go on your TV menu and under Advanced/Network stuff you can find a list of all devices that are allowed connection or they have been blocked. Give your PC clearance there, and the next time you should be able to connect.
You can also modify whether the TV should ask your permission just once per device (default setting) or always.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 7:58 am
Video output works for me on LG webOS tv just had to click ok on the pop up box on the TV

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 11:45 am
Still nothing for me but I'll have another go at the weekend.

I did check the list of devices but there's nothing blocked.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 12:42 pm
Just FYI:
Miracast has some requirements. One of those is that both devices must use a wireless connection. Your TV even if it's connected via a LAN cable can switch to Wi-Fi to accept miracast connection. However your PC doesn't. So, if you try to connect from a PC that's connected on the same router with your TV via cables, it won't work. You need to enable and use it's Wi-Fi adapter instead.

Also there are some other requirements that you can google around.

https://www.support.com/how-to/how-to-check-if-my-windows-10-pc-supports-miracast-12548
https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/win10-device-doesnt-support-miracast/

You can find more info around...

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 12:48 pm
Cheers George. The TV was connected by LAN but I changed that to wifi. The laptop is wifi only.

It's a 16" Macbook Pro i9 running Windows 10 but I've han no other issues conecting to other devices.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 1:00 pm
meswindPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I’m able to get my MacBook to connect to Apple TV wirelessly but the video freezes and there’s a red screen on the small display within VDJ

Posted Mon 30 May 22 @ 4:08 am