Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: RANE ONE - Press stop and you get a stutter. AND...
I just got my Rane One on 5/19/21 and have been using VDJ for some time the Pro version.

Virtual DJ 2021 latest as it auto updates. I love that.

System:
Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core Processor 4.01 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

The issues are as follows:

Press start and the speed/bpm can be erratic. This will work itself out sometimes. Others I must restart either the controller or VDJ or both.

While playing the speed can get erratic and the above response to it is the same. Restart.

When stopping with slow braking you get a chopping or stutter that sounds terrible instead of a smooth gentle slow down like a record player does.

I have tried to recreate this using Serato DJ and simply can not get it to do the same thing.

I have tried all sorts of settings for motor smoothness and other settings for jog wheels and such. Nothing seems to change things at all.

This has been an issue from day one use with VDJ and Rane One.

I did not notice any other people with these same issues so I created this post.

In advance to the VDJ staff and this community,

Thank you very much for any help.

DJ Wheelchair Beats
AbiliTV on Twitch

Posted Wed 26 May 21 @ 7:47 pm
demperPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I am getting the same issues too. The slow brake function speeds up first then slows down. It sounds horrible. I have tried all combinations of motor jog settings too. I guess this is why tit is not an official VDJ controller. I have an issue also where the crossfader doesnt cut out the sound on the opposite deck: Therefore you get sounds from the closed deck too. that happens randomly. Rane One is horrible with VDJ or the other way around. =(

Posted Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 5:00 am
demperPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Ok, I figured this out, set the ramp stop time to "0" otherwise what happens is that when you hit stop, VDJ applies the software stop time first and that conflicts with the actual hardware stop time, hence the weird sound. lol This drove me crazy for months now! But the crossfader problem is still there.

Posted Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 5:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What crossfader problem ?
At which position is your Crossfader Contour knob at the front panel of the device ?

Posted Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 12:02 pm