Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem with Controller LED
SveninoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thanks to Nicotux I have a controller button for permanent shift and for temporary shift.
 repeat_start shlk ? on & repeat_stop shlk & shift off : shift ? on & repeat_stop shlk & shift off : repeat_start shlk 170ms 3 & not shift ? shift 

The LED turns green while the shift is on.
 shift ? color green : black 

But if I then turn off the shift with the mouse on the screen (the shift button of the skin), the LED stays on, although shift is off.

Generally speaking, the LED of the controller does not respond to the input on the skin.

How can I change the script to get the LED responding to the controller AND the skin-based input ?

Thank You for helping in advance

Posted Sat 01 May 21 @ 10:09 pm
In the meantime I have noticed that every deck can have its own shift.
So the shiftlock has to refer to the default deck:
 repeat_start shlk ? on & repeat_stop shlk & deck default shift off : deck default shift ? on & repeat_stop shlk & deck default shift off : repeat_start shlk 170ms 3 & not shift ? deck default shift 

To use a shiftlock like me can be a bit risky, if You forget, what deck is shiftet.
I only distinguish between left and right deck and use a LED on my Launchpad (the one from the permanentshiftbutton)
So the LED is green when Leftdeck has shift, red when Rightdeck has shift. With shift on both decks it flashes red and green alternately.

repeat_start shlk ? on & repeat_stop shlk & deck default shift off : deck default shift ? on & repeat_stop shlk & deck default shift off : repeat_start shlk 170ms 3 & not shift ? deck default shift 

But there is still this issue: When I unlock the shiftlock with the shift-button of the skin, the LED still stays on.
There is a permanent red/green blinkning LED, although no shift on no deck...
Very confusing. Can someone please help?

Posted Mon 03 May 21 @ 2:10 pm
What does the script for the LEDs on the LanchPad look like for the latest change you made?

And
Svenino wrote :
But if I then turn off the shift with the mouse on the screen (the shift button of the skin), the LED stays on, although shift is off.

Do not understand exactly.. where is the SHIFT button on the Skin?

Do you mean a custom button with your posted script ?

And I have found that Shift for the Launchpad is always local to the Launchpad. (that is, pressing shift on the launchpad does not enable shift on a DJ controller or in VDJ, and pressing shift on a DJ controller, does NOT enable shift on the Launchpad)

I don't know the solution of getting Launchpad's shift button, which is Mapped as: deck all shift, to enable shift also in VDJ.

Posted Tue 04 May 21 @ 2:00 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
the shift button is the button with the script ^^
Doing so (using default deck) the loop don't run for the correct deck
The led reflect a working loop or a shift locked on the action deck (deck 0, not deck default), not the shift status
(switching decks will be possibly run multiple loops with the same name but running on different deck, but affecting other deck. status won't cross refresh)

Doing any action when shift is pressed releasing shift key before action key (manually without script) locks the shift. The script is affected as well (and uses this feature to lock shift using shift as action)

In a way to get a global shift make the script global (runs quick loop locally but [un]lock globally)
repeat_start shlk ? on & repeat_stop shlk & deck all shift  :  shift ? on & repeat_stop shlk & deck all shift : repeat_start shlk 170ms 3 & not shift ? deck all shift 
A key affected to "shift" will release all shift as well

Posted Tue 04 May 21 @ 3:40 pm
Thanks IIDEEJAYII and NICOTUX for Your compassion.
I found a solution for myself and will write it here, if anybody is interested in...

Whether if it´s useful or not:
Aim was a SHIFT Button on the Controller (Launchpad) which can be used temporarily or toggle between SHIFT and UNSHIFT by short pushes. This affects the shift buttons on the skin as well:

The Controller-Button-LED lights up, when SHIFT is on (only if set by the controller-button)
This (kinda controller-)SHIFT stays on, even when I erase the shift on the skin-button.
And the light stays on, allthough on the skin there is no shift anymore.
BUT! Thats fine, cause the permanent-shift (on controller) isn´t killed by the skin-button.
So to avoid confusion, the LED corresponds only with the controller shift.
Thanks NICOTUX now it´s an easy code for the Controller Button (see up)
And the LED is sooo easy:

shift on ? color yellow : black

And so these difficult theme seems to be finished.
Sorry for this confusing thread, but maybe its good for something...

Posted Tue 04 May 21 @ 7:04 pm