Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Upgrading to latest VDJ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I have been a VDJ user for quite some time now. I still use VDJ 7 Pro with my Denon MC6000MKii controller, and skin. This setup works flawlessly, and has for years, so I am hesitant to upgrade/change. But I do see the huge changes, and additions/plug-ins you guys have come up with since my version, and from reading it seems to be more stable than in the past too. The laptop I use for performances I do not even allow it to connect to wifi/internet at all, when something works I don't try to fix it. I also haven't updated the firmware on the Denon MC6000MKii either.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could download and use the latest version on the site alongside my current VDJ 7 Pro without messing with it's configuration, so that if I run into any issues I can close the new version, and just open the old faithful VDJ 7 Pro to perform with?

Any recommendations how to safely do this, or reasons why I should not would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dj Kevin.

Posted Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 9:21 pm
You can update to VirtualDJ 2021, and still keep your 10 year old version 7.
They can exist both on same computer, at same time ;-)
(and have separate database, settings etc etc .. Modern version will import the old database and create its own)

Just download and run the installer to also have VirtualDJ 2021, and it will be perfectly fine
https://www.virtualdj.com/download

Posted Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 9:23 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
You can update to VirtualDJ 2021

....as long as the computer OS is recent enough to support it.

Posted Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 9:26 pm
And if your computer is also close to 10 years old, maybe safer to keep your current setup unchanged as backup for your performances, and get a newer computer with a great graphics card, that can instantaneously compute stems and allow you to truly enjoy all the achievements of the VDJ now.

And that can be done safely, allowing you keep your current setup untouched. You can import all your settings to the new setup as you explore and test VDJ 2021 on you new laptop. I am sure you will never look back.
But great to have a fall back and that solid setup when needed.

Many here can make great recommendations for a laptop. depending on whether you prefer iOS or Windows.

Posted Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 10:08 pm
If you're scared of change & have an old computer don't upgrade. If you want to live a better life, get a new computer, upgrade, and enjoy all the new greatness with pride and not fear.

Posted Sat 01 May 21 @ 1:24 am
Just download and try ;-)
Should be fine...

If its an older computer you might be offered 2020 version at download page, but thats still a decade more modern than v7
And if you have Windows 10, the 2021 version

https://www.virtualdj.com/download

Posted Sat 01 May 21 @ 10:49 am
THX FOR THE INFO GUYS ...NOW CAN I STILL USE THE SAME LICENCE FROM 10 YEARS AGO ON THE NEW 2021 SOFTWARE?

Posted Sat 01 May 21 @ 3:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)