Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: CDJ export mode
CDJ export prepare and export to a USB-stick directly from VirtualDJ, including automatic stem separation, to play on any CDJ without your laptop.

This is real hot saves me the time of jumping back and forth from rekordbox. Makes me love my xdj xz just that much more

Posted Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 4:09 am
How to work this?
I've update this early access but i dont see how to export to USB for CDJ.

Posted Wed 14 Apr 21 @ 5:45 am
djdiego1971 wrote :
How to work this?
I've update this early access but i dont see how to export to USB for CDJ.

I've done a quick video on it

Posted Wed 14 Apr 21 @ 6:20 am
I do think it would be a lot easier if a shortcut was added to the browser right click menu for export and import to USB stick. This would be a lot easier for those people who are new to virtual DJ.

Posted Wed 14 Apr 21 @ 3:36 pm
And what happen with my previews content on usb stick exported with rekordbox?

Posted Wed 14 Apr 21 @ 7:18 pm
Will cue points be exported aswell?

Posted Wed 14 Apr 21 @ 9:36 pm

Posted Wed 14 Apr 21 @ 9:49 pm
djdiego1971 wrote :
And what happen with my previews content on usb stick exported with rekordbox?

They stay.

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 6:23 am
How about exporting my personal edits ?
It would be awesome that it would convert original file + edit version.xml into a new wave file for CDJ export

Same for videos, as CDJ's don't play video files, but if it's possible to directly copy audio stream from mp4 to some container CDJ's could play, it would not harm the quality. Or at least Wav file.

That would dramatically improve workflow and I'll be able to have a backup "audio"/CDJ version on a thumbdrive for my whole videogig.

Posted Wed 28 Apr 21 @ 1:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That is done automatically when you drop those files

Posted Wed 28 Apr 21 @ 2:33 pm
wow exciting.
I've tested thoroughly and found a small bug:

When using video edit that combines apple lossles codec file (cd rip) paired with video,
the exported file on the USB is 256kbit aac.
But when directly drag&dropping only that alac audio file, it is copied directly to the USB.

CDJ export version is set to nexus.

Same for VOB files that have 24bit PCM sound - would be nice to export it losslessly.

Similar option is already for sampler (use lossless).

"CDJ export incompatible files as lossless (wav/alac)" option would be the final nail for recordbox's coffin.

Posted Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 6:05 pm
Is there a way we can change the quality of conversion on the export crate function ?, when we export a videos crate to CDJ playlist, set on nexus 2, the file format after extraction or convertion is AAC 256 Constant Bitrate. Any way we can change that ?

Posted Thu 28 Apr 22 @ 12:30 am
Is there a chance to add options to move the folders and subfolders up and down ? is there a way already ?

Posted Mon 25 Sep 23 @ 8:38 pm