Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: No microphone record with Inpulse 500
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok so I've tried all I know to get the mic to broadcast along with the music. Audio settings are correct I can hear myself over speakers, options & tweeks set to record mic. Is it my mixer? (Inpulse 500) . Normally
I'd send the output to another pc running OBS using hdmi capture and tos link so the problem hasn't cropped up. Any ideas cos I'm out. Thank you.

Posted Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 12:51 pm

Posted Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 1:17 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. All that does is turn the mic off, so I can't hear the mic. The mic is working just not being encoded in record or stream. VU monitor in record shows no mic level even though I can hear it over the speakers. I'm only using the inpulse 500 asio for all audio.

Posted Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 3:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you choose the software routing (for recording/broadcasting) except from having the Mic/Aux Input in Audio setup, you also need to turn on the MIC from the Master Panel

Posted Mon 22 Mar 21 @ 7:20 am
Thanks DJDAD, that sorted it, mic is now being encoded. Seems a bit silly to hide it away in the Master tab with no other link to encode mic input, like in the audio options where you'd expect it to be.

Posted Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 2:56 pm
I'm having the same problem.

Haven't used it for a while so need the idiots guide to settings needed to get the mix and the mic to record please if possible

Posted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 3:00 pm
I can get the microphone so I can hear but can't get it to record, all the settings I'm using make it so I can't hear through the speakers and still doesn't record.

Posted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 3:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 30 Jun 21 @ 3:57 pm