Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: spetrum bands default value are not zero ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I tested "get_spectrum_band" (in combination with a visual type="vumeter" and led ) in a tiny visualizer window ^^
No problem this is working very well (even these were erroneously exposed as new feature in the past)

But ! (There is everytime a but)
I get a strange result: At start or after some time VDJ is unused... the Spectrum_bands take some values and stabilize.

https://imgur.com/a/lT76HVL

Always the same values whatever the audio config is (can be no soundcard at all, same result)
whatever the levels and equalizer and stems are....

it looks like default values for no signal

This go back to zero and display correctly as soon as a deck is playing

Posted Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 5:28 am
Are you using any kind of master effect (or DSP effect) ?
In my case (since I am using spectrum analyzer on my skin) I have found that a master effect I'm using from time to time is the cause of a similar behavior.
It's a VST multiband compressor, that after some time without any input it seems to output a low (inaudible) signal that spectrum analyzer of course amplifies and shows a similar graph.
When I turn the particular effect off, analyzer will always stay silent (no graph) no matter how much time it's stopped

Posted Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 7:18 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I was to say no effect activated "by hand" ... but in fact there were 2 automatic : the audioonlivisualisation set to camera and the EQ10 set by my skin
And yes effectively it's EQ10 fault (even everything set to neutral default value) :\

Posted Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 8:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)