Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New VDJ version Crash - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi Guys, Just updated vdj and it seems it crashes causing my whole laptop to freeze and ibhave to press power button to shit down. Never ever had this problem before. I have a newish hp pavillion 15 gaming Laptop running Windows 10 on the latest firmware for the laptop. It will work for a random ammount of time but thrn freeze. I use a pioneeer ddj sx2 as a controller and audio interface. I have uninstalled pioneer soundrivers and reinstalled but still freezing.

I produce radio shows for an international station so stability is essential for live mixing etc. Be grateful of any help. It only seems to have started happening since the latest update.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 21 @ 5:28 pm
I'm having very similar problems ( if you do not want to hard reboot try putting the laptop to sleep or disable and re-enable the the discrete video adapter so to be able to in the first case to take control again over the software or to kill the process in the second case without to have also windows frozen).
I'm noticing better stability (freezes keep happening mostly while closing the POI editor or editing the VideoFX) by forcing the use of the discrete video adapter both from the windoes/video adapter control panel as well as forcing the "High Power" GPU for the useLowPowerGPU setting in the VDJ software (also reducing there a little bit of the max available memory), also forcing the mathEngine settings to use the GPU and disable any videoskin (use OBS if need some skinning on the video output).
Let me know if you also find this beneficial or any other solution...
P.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 21 @ 6:36 pm
Thanks for this Sal. I was hoping for an admin who might be able to see a crash report on my vdj. I want to sort it as simply as i can with a definite answer if i can. I bet you are in the same boat!!

Posted Thu 21 Jan 21 @ 7:08 pm
Can amy admin help please. Uninstalled and reinstalled previous build and after about an hour full freeze of vdj and have to restart laptop. Laptop is windows 10 amd ryzen 7 4800, 16gb of ram. Had vdj running faultless for two months but now freezing. The only new hardware is a Dell wd15 docking station via usb-c. It is an expensive multiuse hub and i can't see any info about them being problamatic on vdj.

I should have some crashblogs if any technical guys can help. It is getting urgent as i need to do some recording in about 4 days time. Many thanks if you can.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 1:58 am
After more extensive tests, it seems to be happening whenever i right click to het a tracks tag editor bpm editor etc up. Doing this causes the wav form playing to jitter and then the screen freezes. Baffling as i habe never had this problem ever. Thanks for any help.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 2:24 am
rams1884 wrote :
After more extensive tests, it seems to be happening whenever i right click to het a tracks tag editor bpm editor etc up. Doing this causes the wav form playing to jitter and then the screen freezes. Baffling as i habe never had this problem ever. Thanks for any help.

i have the same problem too and none is willing to help us!!
where are the admins??

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 5:03 pm
From memory a few people hae reported right clicking causing a crash lately.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 5:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you try to rename settings.xml in your Documents\VirtualDJ folder to see if it's affected by a setting?

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 5:16 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
From memory a few people hae reported right clicking causing a crash lately.

im having the same problem!! i contacted the admins and the say that my problem is the skin i use or the mac :)
its so funny answers!!!

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 8:11 pm
Guys i have contacted with helpdesk for this crushing problem and im much dissapointed!!
they dont admitt that their update has a problem!
they even try to convince me that crushing problem is cause by the skin i use or the quality of songs im mixing:)
im djing for 25 years and suddenly my songs are not good:)
i dont know if i have to laugh or cry with their answers, but im way much dissapointed by VDJ help and the denial to admitt that this update has a problem

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 8:23 pm
SauxDPRO InfinityMember since 2020
This version have a any bug, my streams have a stops problems.

Posted Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 3:15 am
pavlospavou wrote :
Guys i have contacted with helpdesk for this crushing problem and im much dissapointed!!
they dont admitt that their update has a problem!
they even try to convince me that crushing problem is cause by the skin i use or the quality of songs im mixing:)
im djing for 25 years and suddenly my songs are not good:)
i dont know if i have to laugh or cry with their answers, but im way much dissapointed by VDJ help and the denial to admitt that this update has a problem

I fully agree with you, the support, regarding this kind of problem, seems always to bounce you to some other problem on your hardware and not on the software, to the point where when you ask them which are the minimum requirements to use all the features of the software, they have been really vague.
I have not been able to receive an official answer from them if my laptop hardware complies with their requirements. As if they say it is compliant they would have to fix it, and if they say no on one side they should better detail it in the requirements if they do not want people start asking back money for the license (the issue is happening to me since x64 version was released regardless of the build this is why I do not think to get any license...)

Posted Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 8:24 am
please, any admin saw these posts???
update has a problem in right click tag/ editing/copying/ moving

SOMEONE??

Posted Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 5:51 pm
Adion wrote :
Could you try to rename settings.xml in your Documents\VirtualDJ folder to see if it's affected by a setting?

Has anyone actually tried the above?

Posted Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 8:52 pm
SauxDPRO InfinityMember since 2020
i change to 32 bits version, and no have problems, 64 is inestable

Posted Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 11:58 pm
The 64 bit version is not unstable here. I've been using it almost every day for months, doing live streams for hours.

The longest I did was five hours, playing music, running a videoskin, showing a camera, slideshow, transitions, shaders, video clips - even running graphics from Resolume into VDJ via the Spout plugin.

Posted Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 12:13 am
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
Adion wrote :

Has anyone actually tried the above?

i have tried it!! NOTHING !!!

Posted Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 10:12 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
For some builds there are simply a set of Intel CPU / Chipsets / GPU combinations not fully working in 64bit
This is due to some recently modified features raising some driver bug
(some old versions of skins still working while new versions do not)
the only way to make them work being for now to disable Intel GPU from BIOS
(or change CPU for another compatible model)

Posted Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 10:38 am

Posted Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 10:41 am
Nicotux wrote :
For some builds there are simply a set of Intel CPU / Chipsets / GPU combinations not fully working in 64bit
This is due to some recently modified features raising some driver bug
(some old versions of skins still working while new versions do not)
the only way to make them work being for now to disable Intel GPU from BIOS
(or change CPU for another compatible model)

i use macbook. i have the same crush pronlems.is there a solution?

Posted Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 12:05 pm
65%