Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: PLEASE make RECURSE available

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Please make recurse available within the options to be adjustable.
It is just a pain in the ass to make everytime a right click to select it.
I would like to have it per default and knowing some guys does not, please make it for us selectable!

Posted Sun 08 Nov 20 @ 1:45 am
I'm not sure if recurse works on the database level only, or if it also accesses the storage and scans for files.
If the latter is true, then this would be hell for people with slow drives or HDDs, and some people may not know why this is and just blame the software.

Posted Sun 08 Nov 20 @ 5:14 pm
Been a few requests, might come ;-)

And could possibly just be part of the VirtualDJ folders, so it would only be on playlists, virtual folders ("crates"), favorites (bookmarked), and filter folders (perhaps)

Posted Sun 08 Nov 20 @ 6:06 pm
> would be hell for people with slow drives
Easy, make it switchable in the options and set „off“ as default.

Posted Sun 08 Nov 20 @ 8:07 pm
HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
FunctionDJ wrote :
I'm not sure if recurse works on the database level only, or if it also accesses the storage and scans for files.
If the latter is true, then this would be hell for people with slow drives or HDDs, and some people may not know why this is and just blame the software.

As VDJ has anyway millions of option to be modified it should be no issue to let the user select how it is working.
Default ON or default OFF or just for XYZ-Folders.....

Posted Mon 09 Nov 20 @ 12:21 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
like this?

repeat_start 'autoRecurse' 100ms -1 & param_equal `get_var '$rFolder'` `get_browsed_folder` ? nothing : recurse_folder & set '$rFolder' `get_browsed_folder`

Posted Fri 20 Nov 20 @ 9:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)