Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Diagnosing a VST GUI crashing VDJ after second opening of VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have installed the SlickEQ VST by downloading the installer, running the .pkg file, copying the .component file from MacOS into Docs/VirtualDJ/Plugins64/SoundEffect and renaming it .bundle.

The first couple times I run VDJ, when I click the config button, the VST controls render fine. But the third, when I click to show the VST GUI, VDJ becomes unresponsive and must be force-closed. The filter can still be activated and works fine - just the VST GUI cannot be opened. If I delete the .bundle, and the SlickEQ.ini VDJ created, restart VDJ, then stop VDJ and re-copy in the .bundle, the SlickEQ GUI works fine again (I can reopen as many times as I like). After a couple more VDJ restarts though, the crashing begins again.

Since seeing this, I have mapped the VST controls explicitly to my template, so I can use the VST without the GUI, which works fine so this is not a showstopper for me. But curious to know if there's something I'm doing wrong, as I installed the VST by following a random YouTube video. Or maybe I can tweak the .ini, which appears after the first time I close VDJ (although deleting just it doesnt stop the crashing - I have to remove the .bundle to fix the problem).

Posted Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 1:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you try if enabling experimentalUseMetal makes any difference?

Posted Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 2:23 pm
Thanks Adion, I had it enabled, I tried disabling and reinstalled the VST, and it lasted two VDJ starts fine, and on the third started crashing when I try to open the config panel, so it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 4:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)