Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Script Parameters Syntax

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all

Where or how does one find the allowed Parameters for the VDJ Script, Verb, touchwheel ?

I can find only this :

Quote :
touchwheel : used for a jogwheel with touch sensitivity. 'touchwheel +1.0' means a full rotation of the wheel. (Synonym for scratch_wheel and scratchwheel)

from the Wiki for VDJ Script here >> https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs_v8.html

but is see touchwheel'search' used so, 'search' is another allowed parameter.

where does one find a more detailed list of parameters for verbs?

also interested in syntax and parameters for the verb speedwheel

thank you

Posted Sat 17 Oct 20 @ 10:38 pm
In mappers tab, when you type a command you get a description of the command.
That's always the most recent and updated description of the command.

Posted Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 8:32 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
In mappers tab, when you type a command you get a description of the command.
That's always the most recent and updated description of the command.

You mean the Settings > Mapping ... and what ?

If I type touchwheel I get info I put in my first post, And yes as you say it's a description, I was interested in the allowed parameters and the parameter type, and the reason I started the thread since that is NOT documentation. It would be great if it did specify all allowed parameters and syntax there. So I assumed it is documented fully in somewhere, and again the reason for my inquire/thread.

as the documentation states: https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript

Quote :
parameters: the verb can be followed by one or more parameters. The function of these parameters depends on the verb. Parameters can be strings, percentages, booleans, times, integer values, or decimal values. E.g. "effect_active 'flanger'" or "effect_slider 1 2 100%" , "sampler_pad 2" , "sampler_volume 3 100%" etc

So where does one find the allowed parameters and modifiers for each verb?

----------------------------------------------------
We can start to create some documentation now from all the users, if there is nothing available.

so far I know that about the verb: touchwheel

1) there is a parameter allowed that specifies a rotation amount for the wheel, decimal format (example in the description)
2) 'search' is an allowed parameter, text format (NOT IN THE DESCRIPTION)

does anyone else know of any others?

Posted Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 11:41 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
This is the most complete documentation available.
For the touchwheel script, 'search' is indeed available as parameter but not documented. It is at the time also the only other parameter allowed.

speedwheel requires specific parameters to come from the device definition. There are no additional parameters, so unless you have an unsupported device and you are creating your own definition it should not be changed.

Posted Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 11:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)