Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems - would like to disable completely
Is there any way to get rid of the Stems functionality completely? It's not a thing I will ever use, and I'm not a fan of having things enabled that use any resources if I don't need them. I've set it to "use pre-computed only" (or whatever that setting is) so it doesn't compute the stems on load, but is there anything else I can disable or unload to make it go away? Ideally I don't even want any Stems buttons or options to appear on the screen, but I can live with that so long as they aren't using any resource power.

Thoughts?

Posted Sat 17 Oct 20 @ 3:38 pm
*pre 2023 version
Just set 'mathEngine' setting to "disabled"

*2023 version
Settings > StemsRealtimeSeparation > Fully disabled

This will disable stems completely

Posted Sat 17 Oct 20 @ 3:48 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
*pre 2023 version
Just set 'mathEngine' setting to "disabled"
*2023 version
This will disable stems completely

Cool. Thanks. :-)

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 5:01 pm
Where do you go to do this?

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 7:39 pm
Settings

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 8:06 pm
where in settings is math engine as every time I try and search for it , it doesn't show up

Posted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 8:19 pm
You have not indicated the version of VDJ you are currently asking about.

If asking about current version of VDJ 2023, with the 2.0 stems, go to:

to turn off all stems

--------------
If by chance you wish to use stems, as they were before the 2.0 stems were available, then set

StemsRealtimeSeparation > Reduced quality

--------------
PS
most (if not all) of the stems settings can be found in the Performance category of options.

Posted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 9:00 pm
Thanks Locodog for going back and UPDATING the, Pre-VDJ 2023, posts (from over 2 years ago), in the thread to show the current updated VDJ 2023 settings.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 23 @ 1:41 pm
I would like no more stems. I have followed the instructions of stem removal, but I have had no luck. It is at 1% and 1 more. I love your product, but I want stem removed completely. I hope I am not asking for too much. Yours truly, Paul Flanagan.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 5:24 am
I disabled stems but it is still there? On my laptop it says: stems(1%)+1 more. I just want it gone .I don't like the look of it. Any advice would be great, Paul Flanagan

Posted Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 5:45 am
pauls dj service wrote :
I have followed the instructions of stem removal, but I have had no luck.

What steps have you taken?

And if you have disabled stems, and have 2.0 stems that are currently being processed and you wish to stop them:

Go the "Stems" Folder (at the bottom),
1) Right click > Pause preparing stems
2) remove any remaining tracks in the stems folder

------------------------
And if you had previously been using/enjoying stems, for the last 2 years, you can continue to create those same stems as they were before the 2.0 stems, by setting:

StemsRealtimeSeparation > Reduced quality

and just create the 2.0 stems for a track or 2 which you would love to have an acapella for.

I see so many other DJs now using the free version of VDJ to create acapellas, since it is the BEST, stems separation, (better even then the paid services)
So Amazing! Dont want you to miss out !

PS
and what I love about the 2.0 stems acapella since they are within the track, hence eliminating the task of correctly beat gridding a bare acapella

Posted Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 6:58 am
I would like all of my stems completely gone. I have disabled it and the words are still on my laptop. It says, "Stems (1%)+4 more". Could somebody please help me with this. I am using the skin Controller 2020 by Denn Yo (Edit)

Posted Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 7:42 am
There will be a file in your VirtualDJ folder called tasks.xml

Close VDJ, delete the file and it will all be gone when you restart VDJ

Posted Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 8:24 am
My problem is fixed. Thank you virtual dj and the gentleman who wanted to help me. My hands shake so instead of pressing ADD to DB search where my drive letter for my music, I pressed the stem. As soon as I said which skin I use my problem is fixed! It is party time! I love VIRTUAL DJ! If I have a problem again, I am using this method in stead of e-mailing virtual dj. I give virtual dj a 10 out of 10!

Posted Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 8:25 am
Nothing to do with the skin. Glad I could help.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 8:28 am
My problem is solved. Thank you very much Virtual DJ. I don't know what happened to my write tag button. It is know longer on my screen. Do I really need it? The skin I use is controller 2020 by DennYo.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 4:40 pm
I believe the Write Tags button only shows if the setting: setTagsAuto = No

maybe you have changed it from the skin or in settings.

--------------------------
PS
with EA Build 7468 (and greater), there has been added

-Add 'cancel' option to stems folder context menu

(posting for future readers of the thread)

Posted Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 10:12 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
I believe the Write Tags button only shows if the setting: setTagsAuto = No

Correct.
It was always like that. If setTagsAuto setting is enabled, the WRITE TAGS button does not appear on Tag Editor since the changes will get written on the tag anyway. Clicking "OK" or "Prev"/"Next" buttons will save both the info on the database, and the tags.

Posted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 3:00 am
Hi I'm struggling to enable my stems. May anyone kindly assist me. I'm using the 2020 version. I really need them.

Posted Thu 13 Jul 23 @ 6:22 pm
Stems will not be present in a build from 2020

Posted Thu 13 Jul 23 @ 6:27 pm