Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can't see song title in VDJ - discovered it's not iTunes but the song

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I posted a previous technical support question, and after a long email thread with support, no solution was found. I originally said that some iTunes songs were not registering the title in VDJ, but I have finally discovered that the iTunes to VDJ connection is not the problem. I confirmed this by putting a song somewhere else and navigating to it in VDJ via the Local Music option. Other music files display the title, but the problem song does not.

File explorer shows the name and title. My problem songs show a name but not a title. VDJ only shows a title so it is blank. I can't change the title in File Explorer or VDJ. Other songs don't have a title, but VDJ grabs their name. Something is wrong with my songs. These songs are unique coming from files from a computer game CD, but I have noticed other songs that are blank as well.

This problem is extremely sticky. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 1:43 am
I found this related question but my iTunes XML file doesn't have format="%Artist" and format="%title".

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/203949/VirtualDJ_Skins/Display__file_name__instead_of__title__.html

This is what my XML file has:

<key>Name</key><string>Sexyback</string>
<key>Artist</key><string>Justin Timberlake</string>
<key>Album Artist</key><string>Various Artists</string>
<key>Composer</key><string>Danjahandz/Timbaland/Justin Timberlake</string>
<key>Album</key><string>2007 Grammy Nominees</string>
<key>Genre</key><string>Pop</string>
<key>Kind</key><string>AAC audio file</string>

Posted Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 4:05 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you check tag editor in virtualdj to see if the name is included in the file tag?

Posted Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 5:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)