Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Making virtual dj show sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I need to make my turntable sounds show up in vdj.
Like make it play while I’m spinning and have it play in vdj. I can only make the timecode play both my turntable on deck a and not deck b. How do I make turntable 1 go to deck a and turntable 2 go to deck b?

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 6:16 pm
Is this still with your Presonus Studio 24c? It hasn't got enough input and output channels to do that. It's not suitable.

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 6:21 pm
groovindj wrote :
Is this still with your Presonus Studio 24c? It hasn't got enough input and output channels to do that. It's not suitable.

All ai I see are like this

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 6:26 pm

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 6:48 pm

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 6:51 pm
lastnogginbreathin wrote :

That is a dvs

That is an audio interface with enough channels for you to connect two turntables. Your Presonus is not suitable.

In your first post you mentioned timecode. That interface is for timecode.

Now you're saying you just want to play vinyl. You don't need timecode to do that. You do need an interface. The Denon DS1 will do the job.

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 7:01 pm
Ok thanks but how do I make sound appear without timecode

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 7:23 pm
Nvm I figured it out

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 7:28 pm
What I did was use line in output instead of timecode but it still only display two turntables as one input and not separate. I guess I need an sound card with more inputs. But which one do I get and what about the old sound card?

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 8:39 pm
What's your goal here? If you just want to record your vinyl into the computer, you can do it with what you've got.

Connect your decks to the phono inputs of your DJM800, then connect the output of the DJM800 to the Presonus inputs.

Then you can record single tracks or even a mix to audio editing software i.e. Audacity.

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 8:43 pm
My goal is to make play both turntables in virtual dj and have the sound shown as separate waves. Then I’m going to use the output of the headphone of the sound card to my mixer to play music from my pc to the speakers

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 8:57 pm
Make play? So are you going to be playing timecode vinyl or real vinyl?

You can't get both turntables into VDJ with what you've got now.

The sound from the turntables will not "show as waves" in VDJ - with traditional vinyl or with timecode.

Why use the headphone output to feed the mixer? You can use the line outs (to feed the VDJ master output to the mixer).

Again, you can't use the Presonus to feed two separate stereo outputs to the DJM800. It's not suitable.

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 9:15 pm
Yes headphones line out to the channel on mixer like Rune said

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 9:21 pm
The headphone output is not "line out". The outputs on the back of the Presonus are the line outs.

It's not a good idea to use the headphone output to feed the DJM-800. It's designed for headphones, not as a line level signal.

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 9:26 pm
Here’s my turntable playing waves on vdj

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 9:30 pm
Why is an audio interface not sufficient for timecode and music vinyls?
From what i've heard, timecode is just a specific audio signal that reports the current time on the timecode record, so why should one need different audio interfaces to play timecode and music vinyls?

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 11:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)