Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 2021 - 3 small bugs - v8.5-64 b6067

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

arvyControlleristMember since 2003
Hello,

(sorry for my limited english)

Since the last update, I have detected 3 small bugs, which do not affect the mix. I haven't done extensive testing, but here we go:

1) Freezing of records.
The WAV format, after a random time, freeze recording, still showing "recording", but the timer counter freezes, and the size of the WAV file too.
I tried 3 times: one stopped after 15 minutes, one after 3 minutes and once after only 21 seconds.
No settings have changed since the automatic update. And I always record my sets (no problem last week in the previous version).
This is the most serious bug for me, because I record my podcast this way, live mixing.

2) Auto-change of PFL after some time, after the "new" song plays for a few seconds.
Maybe a new feature, but it seems strange, before I select the new song, while listening to the current song on the master + pfl, the pfl automatically alternates (to the other deck) for no reason, so, sound disappear on my phone.

3) VDJ 2021 + OBS / Streamlabs
Not b6067, but since the first launch of 2021. I transmit (live video stream) my webcam + the VDJ screen and my DJ logo, to a RTMP server.
In VDJ 8, in OBS, I can "capture window" in automatic mode, without problems.
In VDJ 2021, I had to switch to Windows Graphics Capture, which also grabs the mouse pointer and, several times, the VDJ image freezes in OBS, I need to change to another frame to fix it. Difficult to explain, but something has changed and I cannot find a way to grab the screen correctly.

NOTE: I use Hercules 4-MX console, but don't seems to be related.

Thank you.

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 2:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 has been fixed with EA
2 check settings for PFL
3 that happens with OBS when gfx is pushed too hard, stems push gfx quite hard.

Posted Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 4:46 am
Hi there,

1- the problem has been fixed for a new release not ready yet? Mine is still B6067. Sorry, I don't know what "EA" means...
2- I'll search
3- I'm not sure what to do, if you have any tips...

Posted Mon 24 Aug 20 @ 6:31 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
ea = early access
3 you could switch stems calculation to CPU to avoid applying stress to your GPU

Posted Mon 24 Aug 20 @ 7:00 pm

Posted Mon 24 Aug 20 @ 7:06 pm
Ah, ok, thanks. I prefer wait the public version, since I do live mixing...

I'll check about the stems and cpu usage.

Thanks for the tips.

Posted Mon 24 Aug 20 @ 8:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)