Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Database File Path
Kind of an odd question but is there an easy way to see the file path to the database that VDJ reads from, within the software itself? I have 3 or 4 different databases that are on both of my laptops and on my external drives, and I would like to get rid of the ones that VDJ doesnt read or use, but I don't want to delete the wrong one. I also want to make a backup of the database in case of corruption, but again...want to make sure I have the correct one that VDJ is reading from.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 6:43 pm
they are all used

each drive has a database for the music on that drive respectively

also backup is now built into the software

Posted Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 7:03 pm
If you have a database file ending in v6.xml they can be deleted as they are years old

Posted Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 8:00 pm
M-kay. But where is it?

Posted Fri 25 Feb 22 @ 10:26 am
Don't delete them, just rename them one at the time for troubleshooting. Rename the fist one from database.xml to database.xml.old. If extensions are not visible, just raname Database to DatabaseOld.

Open VDJ and check your library to see if traks are mark in red or they don't load to the deck. If so that means that database is necesary.

Rename it back to its original name, do the same with the following database. (be careful VDJ might create a new empty dabase if it doesn't find the needed one)

Each external drive has a VirtualDj folder, inside it resides a database. On your Documents folder you also have a VirtualDj folder; it might have a dabase to.

If you have music on your C: drive, you most likely have a VirtualDj folder with a database inside.

You can also add the Drive column on VDJ to see where are those tracks from, in that same drive you should find a VirtualDj folder with a database inside ... Drive on Windows/ Volume on Mac's.

hope this info is of use to you.

Posted Fri 25 Feb 22 @ 4:03 pm