Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Autosearchdb not acting as expected

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have all of my music files installed on let's say D drive (internal secondary SSD drive in macbook pro). On the C drive is where my program files are located including Virtual DJ.

I know there are two separate xml files - one for each drive. I have manually gone in and delete folders that I did not want included in the database. I also added the entire Music folder from the D drive to the searchdb. I also have the autosearchdb set to ON.

Based upon what I've read, with that setting, if I go to my Music folder on the D drive, and select it, any tracks NOT already in the searchdb will be added to the searchdb. However, when I reveal the in searchdb column to see if they have been added - no new tracks are ever added. I have to manually click on the batch add to the searchdb.

Am I missing something? I thought by having autosearchdb on, any folder that I selected in vdj, would auto-add any tracks that it encounters to the searchdb. But this does not seem to be the case?

Posted Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 6:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that only the files that are visible are added.
If you open your D:\ drive, but you added music to D:\Subfolder then the new music in Subfolder will only be added if you either open D:\ recursive, or explicitly open d:\subfolder.

Posted Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 6:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)