Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Question about Monochrome

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i see on almost every skin if you choose the waveform (Monochrome) it defaults to blue & red on the deck waveforms. im trying to do a ref theme. as in i want to make the blue side also red. i opened up the XML file & searched for monochrome & colored waveforms to see if i could find the blur hex color and change it to red but i dont see what anywhere in the lines that say monochrome ? please see my pics as to what im talking about thanks

Posted Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 12:14 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
<rhythmzone /> and <scratchwave /> have specific color parameters (need testing, not enouch info)

<rhythmzone color="red" color2="green" ....>
<colors
deck1="0" deck1_left="#007097" deck1_active="#009fd2"
deck3="0" deck3_left="#007097" deck3_active="#009fd2"

deck2="0" deck2_active="#cd0f10" deck2_right="#8c0709"
deck4="0" deck4_active="#cd0f10" deck4_right="#8c0709"
/>
</rhythmzone>

<scratchwave deck="left" orientation="horizontal" color="#007097" color2="#009fd2" colorVocal="green" colorNoVocal="DarkGreen" colorInstru="blue" colorNoInstru="DarkBlue" colorBeat="red" colorNoBeat="DarkRed">

Posted Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 12:44 am
Nicotux wrote :
<rhythmzone /> and <scratchwave /> have specific color parameters (need testing, not enouch info)

<rhythmzone color="red" color2="green" ....>
<colors
deck1="0" deck1_left="#007097" deck1_active="#009fd2"
deck3="0" deck3_left="#007097" deck3_active="#009fd2"

deck2="0" deck2_active="#cd0f10" deck2_right="#8c0709"
deck4="0" deck4_active="#cd0f10" deck4_right="#8c0709"
/>
</rhythmzone>

<scratchwave deck="left" orientation="horizontal" color="#007097" color2="#009fd2" colorVocal="green" colorNoVocal="DarkGreen" colorInstru="blue" colorNoInstru="DarkBlue" colorBeat="red" colorNoBeat="DarkRed">

the skin im using is Controller by DennYO its one of the more popular skins lots of users use...here's what i have so far, just need to make that waveform blue. as im going for a red theme

Posted Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 2:04 am
i see on almost every skin if you choose the waveform (Monochrome) it defaults to blue & red on the deck waveforms. im trying to do a ref theme. as in i want to make the blue side also red. i opened up the XML file & searched for monochrome & colored waveforms to see if i could find the blur hex color and change it to red but i dont see what anywhere in the lines that say monochrome ? please see my picture as to what i'm talking about thanks

Posted Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 2:07 am
as found in the xml file:
8985 <colors deck1="classicwave1" deck1_active="classicwave1"/>
9005 <colors deck2="classicwave2" deck2_active="classicwave2"/>
9015 <colors deck1="classicwaveoverlaycolor" deck1_active="classicwaveoverlaycolor"
9016 deck2="classicwaveoverlaycolor" deck2_active="classicwaveoverlaycolor"/>
9879 <colors deck1="classicwaveoff1" deck1_active="classicwave1"
9880 deck2="classicwaveoff2" deck2_active="classicwave2"/>

Just redefine in your color scheme all related colors in lines 82 and up to follow your needs :
songposplayed and songposbass and songposmed and sonposhigh and classicwave (per deck dependants) but not used

classicwave1..classicwave4 and classicwaveoverlaycolor and classicwaveoff1..classicwaveoff4

Posted Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 2:40 am
Nicotux wrote :
<rhythmzone /> and <scratchwave /> have specific color parameters

......but the wavefoms in the deck area are not rhythmwaves or scratchwaves - they're songpos waves.

Posted Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 8:05 am
2586 <define visibility="70%" class="songpos" colorPlayed="songposplayed" colorBass="songposbass" colorMed="songposmed" colorHigh="sonposhigh" placeholders="width,height">

that's exactly the same for songpos (just invert the set of color to alter):
Just redefine in your color scheme all related colors in lines 82 and up to follow your needs :
songposplayed and songposbass and songposmed and sonposhigh and classicwave (per deck dependants)
classicwave1..classicwave4 and classicwaveoverlaycolor and classicwaveoff1..classicwaveoff4 ( but not used)

Posted Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 8:15 am
not sure hoe to delete a post :-) i figured it out thanks all for your added info

Posted Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 2:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)