Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to cut pieces of numerous songs to make on mix?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tclemonControlleristMember since 2019
Can Virtual DJ Mashup 3-4 songs to one song? What I mean, I start playing the song "Can't Touch This", then do a quick change to "Ice Ice Baby", then another quick change to "The Twist". Is that possible with this program and also record it? thanks

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 5:54 pm
Yes, you could do it live (and record the result) by putting each song on a different deck and cueing to the correct place. You could also put tracks (or parts of them) on the sampler pads and trigger them that way.

Using POIs you could automate things by scripting when to switch tracks, and where to.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 6:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes, but it has to be recorded live. A lot of it can be prepared with action poi [in fact pretty much all of it can] but in truth you're trying to "tighten a screw with a butter knife / spread butter with a screwdriver" vdj can do it but [the job is a bit outside what vdj was made to do] there are better tools for the job.

However don't let me dissuade you, I'm all up for doing things the weird way, part of vdj's cutting edge is users outside the box ideas.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 6:20 pm
All VDJ needs is a sequencer for the sampler...

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 6:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
not really, it would be nice, but I worked on a fast cut & track load thing for a user back in January [ like the old dmc mixes, a bit jive bunny, but each to their own]

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 6:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)