Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: [SOLVED]Launchpad Pro Mapper Not working.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys. I have a launchpad pro and it has worked for ever. but now i pluged it in and i cant use it! the mapper is on a custom mapper with nothing mapped and i cant find out how to get the default mapper back to it. I tried reinstalling over the old copy of virtual dj, didnt work. :/
thanks

also

if anyone knows how to make the lights on the pads turn on when programing your self that would help.
tried looking for those to and couldn't find the pads or the leds

Posted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 4:46 pm
You want to use the default mapper, or the custom one? Your post isn't very clear.

If you delete (or rename) the custom one, that should get you back to the default.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 4:50 pm
sorry. :) I want to use the default mapper. Thanks

Posted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 5:01 pm
The custom one will be in Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers. Delete it and VDJ should revert back to the default one.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 5:07 pm
So I went to Virtual dj/documents/mappers and deleted it. Then the custom mapper reappeared when I restarted VDJ.
still no default mapper

only thing that remains is

SIMPLE_MIDI_0_0 - Custom Mapping.xml

Posted Sun 07 Jun 20 @ 11:50 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
if it's seeing it as simple midi it means it hasn't been pickup as what it really is first point of call is drivers, next might be
search options for
definition
you should have this set to NO

Posted Mon 08 Jun 20 @ 1:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Tested both Windows 10 and Mac 10.15 and device is properly detected as shown here http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/novation/launchpadpro/setup.html (3 devices) with factory default mapping.
From VDJ Options make sure you have disableBuiltIndefinitions to No.
Try a different USB port, and see if using the Power adapter helps (works without here though)
Any chance some other application is running in the background, taking control of the unit ?
Also check your /Documents/VirtualDJ/Devices folder and see if you have any custom definition for the device or any related file that should be removed.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 20 @ 9:30 am
just checked and DisableBuiltindefinitions is set to no
tried a usb port and it didn't work
i just reinstalled vdj and its still the same

i just fixed it.
there is a midi setup app for mac. it was interfering with it.

Thanks for all the help. i appreciate the quick response!

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 12:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)