Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: GUI Pitch gone wild

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK, using DVS turntables. Songs loaded, no change in turntable pitch yet I'm watching the GUI pitch slide up and down % changing (the music now sound weird), changing tones etc. Is this a VDJ software BUG? I can't use vinyl this way.

DVS should work like this, the turntable sets the pitch not the GUI. The VDJ should track the pitch setting of the turntable. It looks like VDJ is generating its own pitch setting on the fly, while I do nothing but watch. The turntable Deck2 is not on so it not matching anything, AutoMatch is off!

I've turned Auto everything OFF, went into Settings and adjusted pitch till the best ability.

Do I need better vinyl? Will VDJ vinyl work better than Serato vinyl?

Definitely a VDJ sound quality problem. It does not Track DVS well.

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 2:38 am
Soundboyrich wrote :
no change in turntable pitch

Are you sure about that? Presumably you mean that you're not moving the pitch fader, but it seems that VDJ is picking up a variation, if it's affecting the audio.

Maybe the motor is varying. Maybe the vinyl is off centre.

Have you tried just listening to the direct timecode signal as it's playing? Assuming you've got two turntables, do they both have this issue (with the same vinyl)?

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 4:47 pm
Does VDJ require Line level and cannot do phono level?

Lots of soundcard 1&2 are mic level (which is can be lower than MM phono level). Regardless, if I remember correctly 1&2 stereo and 3&4 stereo are GUI slider movement while turntable is untouch (no hands of the pitch)

Posted Wed 03 Jun 20 @ 12:03 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That depends on the signal strength of your needles, the sensitivity of the inputs and any noise present.
You can usually get an idea of the signal quality looking on the timecode tab in config and see what it looks like.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 20 @ 6:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)