Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Auto cue question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I have recently installed virtual DJ onto a new computer and transferred everything over pretty well, apart from on some tracks that didn’t have cue points now have had some automatically added!

I have tried to look how to turn this off but nothing seems to work!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted Mon 11 May 20 @ 6:49 pm
What do you have getCuesFromTags set to?

I'm not aware that VDJ just creates cue points on it's own. It creates them in the background for POI but doesn't add them automatically.

Posted Mon 11 May 20 @ 7:03 pm
Hi,

It’s set to always.

It’s bizarre because all of my cues points are there, but it’s automatically added up to 8 cues on some tracks!

Posted Mon 11 May 20 @ 7:35 pm
OK so we know know that VDJ is getting the cues from your tags, so the next question is - how did they get there (in the tags)?

Have you run the files through any other software, such as Mixed In Key or another DJ program?

Posted Mon 11 May 20 @ 7:50 pm
No I haven’t run them through any other as yet!

Posted Mon 11 May 20 @ 8:01 pm
Well something put the cues in the tags! VDJ has just imported the cues from the tags, because you've turned on getCuesFromTags.

Where are the files from? Did you buy them from Beatport or some other DJ download site?

Posted Mon 11 May 20 @ 8:08 pm
Thanks for your reply.

Now that you mention it, without looking into it in more detail, I have got a funny feeling that the tracks could possibly be the remixes that I have downloaded from digital music pool. I will have a good look through tomorrow and keep you posted.

Thanks!

Posted Mon 11 May 20 @ 8:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)