Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is a cool feature for sure, but I wanted to make some suggestions about this.
unlike the main skin, the video skin can be more about aesthetics than practicality. it can reflect whats going on in the software, but in a creative way.

for example, Currently the skins reflect the standard blue, red & black Virtual DJ interface color. a very practical color scheme for the working side of the software
but in terms of color harmony its not very pretty. with the video skin i think it would be better to have a whole range of color themes available, and again if its not very easy to read for practical DJ purposes, who cares, its just about something pretty for the audience to look at, the DJ still has his interface on the other screen.

also thematic video skins opens the world of possibility, sci fi skins, retro hi fi equipment skins etc... which leads to another suggestion, a skin designer plugin for the users to make it easy to move things around, change their color etc. (i could be wrong, but i think it doesnt exist yet)

Posted Sun 26 Apr 20 @ 5:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)