Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: preserve playlist order so that it is always in order as created

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I spend hours creating my 'playlist orders' both in Playlist and in Automix. If I accidentally hit 'Title' or 'Artist', the list will completely rearrange to list the tracks in those orders... How can I preserve the playlist in the order that I created it so that it is always in that order?
Thank you.

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 5:15 pm
Right click playlist>reset sort order?

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 5:43 pm
Another reason to have playlist numbering as requested many many times. You could just click the track number column to sort from 1st track onwards.

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 6:07 pm
Kradcliffe, I did see your suggestion and I totally agree. The order of the playlist is essentially the point of a playlist in my opinion and essential in preserving along with any other tags, folders, etc.

A Man and His Music, I do not see any option for 'reset sort order' when right clicking the Playlist... is there a specific part to right click?

A Man and His Music wrote :
Right click playlist>reset sort order?

kradcliffe wrote :
Another reason to have playlist numbering as requested many many times. You could just click the track number column to sort from 1st track onwards.

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 6:29 pm
Right click playlist then load in automix. Change a column header then right click on the column header. The option is there.

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 7:15 pm
I've run into this problem also. Mostly, things I don't do very often, I forget how to do them. Even though I remembered that it's a simple right-click fix, the wording just seems to be wrong. "Reset Order" sounds like it's going to reset to alphanumeric order. I mean that's the whole purpose of resetting, right?

It should say "Reset to Original Save Order."

Know what I mean?

Posted Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 6:36 pm
It seems clear enough to me.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 6:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)