Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Audio Cuts out on 2nd track
As of the latest version, as soon as I mix from the first track to the second track, the audio fully cuts out completely. Was not occurring in previous version.
I'm using DDJ-SX2 as sound card, OSX 10.14.6 VDJ:8.4b5630

Behavior is consistent, even after restart of VDJ

Posted Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 6:25 pm
Mixing manually, or with automix?

Is it just the audio that stops? The waveform progress bar continues, and the VU meters still light up?

Have you tried it without the SX2 connected?

Posted Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 6:28 pm
Without the SX2 at all, running sound though OSX, (no cue channel) no issues.
With the SX2 as a controller, output though OSX, cue channel though the SX2, sound output continues but cue channel on the SX2 quits on the second song.

And also, running SX2 for both output and cue, both output and cue would quit on the second song. The VDJ UI stayed response, waveforms kept progressing, etc.

No Automix - I was doing everything manually.

Posted Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 6:55 pm
OK so now what's your audio config? Is it the default one for the SX2? Please post a pic.

Posted Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 8:50 pm
Here is the audio config settings from VDJ

Posted Sat 11 Apr 20 @ 3:58 pm
Looks OK to me.

As you say it started happening with the latest build, did you try going back to the previous build?

It doesn't seem to make much sense that it cuts out when you start the second track. Presumably you're playing track 1 on the left deck, then track 2 on the right? Using the crossfader?

What happens if you run automix on the left deck? What about automix on the right deck?

Try letting the first track finish, then load another on the same deck and play that. Does the audio still stop?

Posted Sat 11 Apr 20 @ 4:17 pm
I don't tend to use the crossfader. I mostly do beat matching but just for testing was using simple segues between decks. The previous version worked flawlessly.

VDJ just updated to 5647. I let it update. Now it consistently cuts out about 3 to 4 songs in. So there is something still amiss here.

--I don't know how to roll back to a previous version, but I'd like to try that. The download section only shows the latest available.
++ Found https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Posted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 3:47 pm
It does seem to be more of an issue with your controller than with VDJ, otherwise I'm sure lots more people would be posting about audio cutting out.

I have an SX2 here, so could try and see what happens - but I'm on PC, so can't emulate your setup exactly.

Have you tried swapping out the USB cable?

Posted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 4:09 pm
I backed the version to 5478, re-ran, and discovered the same issue, cutting out about 3 to 4 songs in. So I rebooted the Mac, and I was able to run 10 to 12 songs with no issues,

Next I will try to bring it back up to the current version of VDJ. keep your fingers crossed :)

And thanks for sticking with this with me. Always helpful to have a second set of eyes looking at things.

Posted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 4:51 pm
Got back to latest version, no issues. All good.

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 2:11 am
Glad to hear it.

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 7:29 am
Hi, I've got the same problem. The tracks play for about a minute then all sound cuts out. I thought it might be a setting on my DDJ so I got my spare out and exactly the same happened. I don't know what to do please help !
Thanks James

Posted Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 6:37 am
JimJam40 wrote :
Hi, I've got the same problem. The tracks play for about a minute then all sound cuts out. I thought it might be a setting on my DDJ so I got my spare out and exactly the same happened. I don't know what to do please help !
Thanks James

Usually it means you have inverted the sound settings.. Aka you are listening to headphones output on the speakers. Could that be it?

Posted Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 8:10 am
All I've done is purchase pro, connected my ddj exactly the same way as I always have and it's not working after a short time. The outputs are the main outputs on the back of the ddj and on my little starlight mixer the output is coming out of the master output so that's not the problem.
Would updating VDJ change settings that I don't know about ?

Posted Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 10:20 pm
tinoo1Home userMember since 2018
I have a similar case. once i load track on 2nd deck when the 1st deck is playing, my volume drops automatically...its really bad

Posted Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 4:04 am