Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-1000 vs 1000SRT - Page: 2
I am aware, but I like that. I would use decks 3&4 from VDJ whilst decks 1&2 are hardware decks of XDJ-XZ that "always" work, regardless of the status of my PC. There is no HW button to switch the decks, but that is something I would do only occasionally, so mapping it to some unused button with shift is fine.

Posted Wed 08 Dec 21 @ 3:21 pm
I found a used DDJ-1000 for a great price, so I would like to ask a question about switching from SW to HW mixer. Is there a way how to enforce one all the time? I would actually prefer the mixer to be HW all the time, is there a way how to enforce it in Virtual DJ or by some hack (like looping booth back to input 4 or so)?

Posted Mon 13 Dec 21 @ 9:19 am
No, there's no way to do that (that makes sense anyway)

1) The controller's sound interface does not support "External Mixer" audio configuration
2) As it has been stated hundred times already, as soon as the controller talks with a DJ software (in order to have screens working e.t.c.) the effects become software (Firmware function)
3) Even by using a separate audio interface to feed the signal through the analog inputs of the controller will not provide a good solution. In this case you will have to sacrifice other things (like the screens) to make it work.
4) The "hardware" mixer section of DDJ-1000 is middle class at best. I mean, it does it's job just fine, but it's not the same mixing/audio quality as a DJM-900NXS2. Even DDJ-1000SRT has a better "hardware" mixer than DDJ-1000 (since DDJ-1000SRT offers "external" mixer even for software mixing)
So, audio wise it's not the best solution to use an external audio interface to feed the analog circuits of DDJ-1000 to use it as a hardware mixer.

Posted Mon 13 Dec 21 @ 9:30 am
Had a ddj1000 for years and just picked up the SRT. On the 1000 I set the space bar as the prelisten which would could be heard on the headphone. On the SRT this shortcut no longer works. Is this due to the external mixer of the SRT?

Is there any other way to get a track to play through the headphones while searching the browser, or do I need to always load a track onto a deck to prelisten on the SRT?

Thanks

Posted Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 11:39 pm
The Hofff wrote :
Had a ddj1000 for years and just picked up the SRT. On the 1000 I set the space bar as the prelisten which would could be heard on the headphone. On the SRT this shortcut no longer works. Is this due to the external mixer of the SRT?

Is there any other way to get a track to play through the headphones while searching the browser, or do I need to always load a track onto a deck to prelisten on the SRT?

Thanks

Update: after using it for a while it seems the prelisten will play though a deck without a track loaded to it. Is there a way to force the prelisten to deck4 for example? This way I can just leave that cue engaged.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 12:24 am
If you click the small "DOT" button next to prelisten player it will bring up a menu.
Click Listen On: > Output 4

Done!

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 9:05 am
Thanks PhantomDJ...exactly what I was looking for.

Another easy Q...how to I change the crossfader curve on the ddj1000 SRT? Don't see anything in the VDJ controller settings and also don't see any settings in the controller's internal utility menu for this. Appreciate any help!

Posted Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 12:48 am
how about STEMS on the EQ? the DDJ-100SRT is able to use the modern eq setting? i really dont like to use the pads for stems, I like to turn down the vocals on the eq knobs.

Posted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 8:30 pm
The Hofff wrote :
Thanks PhantomDJ...exactly what I was looking for.

Another easy Q...how to I change the crossfader curve on the ddj1000 SRT? Don't see anything in the VDJ controller settings and also don't see any settings in the controller's internal utility menu for this. Appreciate any help!

Just change crossfader curve in VirtualDJ settings, and it should apply on the controller as well (VirtualDJ sends the curve adjustment value on the controller)

Posted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 10:42 pm
brunoliv wrote :
how about STEMS on the EQ? the DDJ-100SRT is able to use the modern eq setting? i really dont like to use the pads for stems, I like to turn down the vocals on the eq knobs.

It is possible only if you're not using decks 3 & 4.
In this case the EQ knobs of deck 1 & 2 will control the EQ (hardware operation) but the EQ knobs of deck 3 & 4 will control stems for decks 1 & 2

Posted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 10:44 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
It is possible only if you're not using decks 3 & 4.
In this case the EQ knobs of deck 1 & 2 will control the EQ (hardware operation) but the EQ knobs of deck 3 & 4 will control stems for decks 1 & 2

So to use the MODERN EQ I have to use the DDJ-1000 (rekordbox model) not the SRT model, right?

Posted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 11:01 pm
You can use both.
But on the SRT model you'll be able to use it only on decks 1 & 2 while decks 3 & 4 are not used/
On the Rekordbox model you can use it on all 4 decks.

Posted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 9:40 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You can use both.
But on the SRT model you'll be able to use it only on decks 1 & 2 while decks 3 & 4 are not used/
On the Rekordbox model you can use it on all 4 decks.

thanks, I will get the rekordbox model

Posted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 12:01 pm