Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Donation Button for plugins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

i think it was an good idea to add a donation button on the Download Area for the plugin developers.

best regards DennYo

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 2:59 pm

There is no download anymore on site..
All the downloads are done inside the software under Extensions, and probably most look there... (and should, its where you get add ons)

I guess on your profile page could always add a button perhaps ;-)

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 3:02 pm
here was a good place for an Donation Link.

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 3:24 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Denny F. wrote :

i think it was an good idea to add a donation button on the Download Area for the plugin developers.

Indeed, slipbrake8; 80421 downloads, the most popular audiofx for several years - monetized value = Zero
It's no good having users having to go look for a link, only a tiny percent would even donate if the button was right in front of them, send them searching... and the beer fund remains empty.

VDJ is the most popular dj software on the planet, content creators [skins, pads, fx] [sample packs are a bit hazy, depends if it is original content] should get something, even if it's just pennies/100

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 3:33 pm
locodog wrote :
Denny F. wrote :

Indeed, slipbrake8; 80421 downloads, the most popular audiofx for several years - monetized value = Zero
It's no good having users having to go look for a link, only a tiny percent would even donate if the button was right in front of them, send them searching... and the beer fund remains empty.

VDJ is the most popular dj software on the planet, content creators [skins, pads, fx] [sample packs are a bit hazy, depends if it is original content] should get something, even if it's just pennies/100

My "Controller HD" Skin was download 92619 times.

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 3:41 pm
Skins always get more downloads, part of what happens when it's first in a list. But I'm not arguing with you +90K has got to be worth a few beers.

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 3:52 pm
I agree, a donation-button would be helpful imo. Why not?

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 3:58 pm
Or bring back the monetization scheme [ or both ]

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 4:00 pm
locodog wrote :
Skins always get more downloads, part of what happens when it's first in a list. But I'm not arguing with you +90K has got to be worth a few beers.

+++ beer :D

I've calculate the work hours on my newest Skinupdate. i think it was 200 -300 hours totaly. Or more.

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 4:02 pm
likewise with the new routine, I'm sure I was thinking on it while I was asleep on some nights

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 4:13 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

There is no download anymore on site..

....so why are there still download buttons? It doesn't make sense to have download buttons that don't download.

It also doesn't make sense to remove posts pointing out this quirk.

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 9:58 pm
groovindj wrote :
[
....so why are there still download buttons? It doesn't make sense to have download buttons that don't download.

Obviously since they been there for decade, so that people can see popup message easily on click, that they now should download in software ;-) Clicking where they usually do usually works better to make user aware, than some small text explaining same... action and reaction..
Dont worry, it will of course not be forever, transitional and this change was fairly recent ..

Thats all ;-)

(has zero to do with the topic here, that was made about donation button ... probably why a mod made it moderated, hijacking others post is usually seen as spam and unwanted. And moderators hold the rights to keep content clean, useful and organized as they see fit best.)

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 10:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)