Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-1000 Crossfader center position
djPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I'm new to both VDJ and to my DDJ-1000 controller, and while setting them up and getting familiar with them, I've discovered that the center position of the crossfader in VDJ is set to something like 80% (almost all the way right) on the controller. No matter what I do to the crossfader settings in VDJ, this is the case. I've downloaded the latest driver and have the latest firmware update, so it's not that. Help?

Posted Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 9:46 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I was thinking perhaps the fader needs replacing or it's dirty, but if it moves smoothly and that position is always the centre, then perhaps that's not the case.

If you go into VDJ settings and Controllers, make sure your DDJ-1000 is selected (near the top-left of the window), then move the crossfader. You should see values show up in the box on the right-side of the window. Do those values match the position of the crossfader correctly? 0.0 should be full left, 1.0 full right, and 0.5 the middle.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 2:00 pm
frook90PRO InfinityMember since 2016
PhilW wrote :
I was thinking perhaps the fader needs replacing or it's dirty, but if it moves smoothly and that position is always the centre, then perhaps that's not the case.

If you go into VDJ settings and Controllers, make sure your DDJ-1000 is selected (near the top-left of the window), then move the crossfader. You should see values show up in the box on the right-side of the window. Do those values match the position of the crossfader correctly? 0.0 should be full left, 1.0 full right, and 0.5 the middle.

I too am having the same issue with a DDJ-1000. When it it to the left, it reads 0.0. To the right, 1.0. However, dead center on the crossfader isn't 0.5, that occurs slightly to the right. Dead center on the crossfader shows 0.4 in the settings menu. I have reset VDJ and used factory settings and it still appears the same.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 2:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 4:32 pm
This is my issue too, cross fader is not centered and is if by one line to the right on vdj. Is there a fix yet?

Posted Wed 23 Jun 21 @ 6:13 pm
Also seeking a solution for this major bug. just nought brand new ddj1000 yesterday and 80% is the crossfader

Posted Thu 29 Sep 22 @ 9:24 pm
Same thing is happening to me on the Roland DJ 808

Posted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 12:41 am