Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 2020 Crashes when adding files to search database or scanning for BPMs.
Hello.

I use my home pc at home and an IMac at work. When using the Mac and adding new songs to the search database, VDJ 2020 will crash rather quickly. Sometimes it starts over where it left off and other times it doesn't. On my Windows 10 laptop, it doesn't crash while doing the same action. I REALLY need to get those files added back to the work database soon, as there are many songs search cannot locate currently. What can I do (or not do) to correct this issue? Both machines are using the latest available os. Please help. :-)

Bill

Posted Tue 24 Dec 19 @ 9:18 pm
if it is just a few songs scan one at a time and see if one in particular causes the crash and skip that one as the file has some issue

Posted Tue 24 Dec 19 @ 10:35 pm
wickedmix wrote :
if it is just a few songs scan one at a time and see if one in particular causes the crash and skip that one as the file has some issue

It's actually MANY songs. I thought it may be my online drive but it even crashes when I scan the local drive.

Posted Fri 27 Dec 19 @ 4:34 am
Is there any additonal help with this topic? I am having same issue after re-installing VDJ on new MAC and then using the same external hard drive I used previously. It does show the HD but when I try to search anything the program crashes and starts over.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 8:31 pm
Hard to say, but if you are dragging in song that VirtualDJ has no access too perhaps, or something like that..
Can always try if its permissions at least..

Try set VirtualDJ to have full disk access

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 9:01 pm
Could always try set mathengine to disabled in VDJ settings as well, if its an old low end imac.
Probably is not it, but worth a try to check..

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 9:03 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you try with Early Access build 6525?
https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

@BillBerdeaux: Some of the crashes logged to your account appear to be related to OBS Game Capture Hook crashing, so you might want to try uninstalling that program.

Posted Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 5:27 am