Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crossfaders starts moving by itself
Didnt use to happen buy my crossfadwrs on the screen start acting independent of the controler really annoying whats the deal

Posted Sun 24 Nov 19 @ 12:08 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
 Best Answer It's a crossfader issue, for sure, there is absolutely nothing in the vdj code that would make the crossfader move on its own.

Pointing at 2 very old bits of hardware isn't the proof you think it is. It's proof that faders die, circuit boards crack, solder joints break, faders get dirt and dust in them that gives faulty readings.

A test would be, delete the crossfader mapping and apply the crossfader script to another dial and watch the the error stop happening.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 11:53 am[ selected best answer by locoDog on Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 11:57 am ]
Usually it's dust in the physical crossfader on the controller

Posted Sun 24 Nov 19 @ 7:16 am
i believe it is something in the code, I have had this problem come and go with different builds all the way back to VDJ7. I have multiple controllers and after another update it will work fine until something in an update triggers it again. I am currently having the same problem with a MC6000nkii. The crossfader DOES NOT drift using other software. It is always the left side that will not stay left (wants to drift back toward the right on its own). I have never cleaned my crossfader and had the problem go away, it ALWAYS happens after an update and stays til something gets changed in a future update. I

Posted Sun 24 Nov 19 @ 7:57 am
Partyman wrote :
i believe it is something in the code, I have had this problem come and go with different builds all the way back to VDJ7. I have multiple controllers and after another update it will work fine until something in an update triggers it again. I am currently having the same problem with a MC6000nkii. The crossfader DOES NOT drift using other software. It is always the left side that will not stay left (wants to drift back toward the right on its own). I have never cleaned my crossfader and had the problem go away, it ALWAYS happens after an update and stays til something gets changed in a future update. I

It's easy to test.
When it happens you can simply go into the mapping window and see if VDJ is receiving MIDI commands from the controller when you are not touching anything
If it is, then it's a problem is outside VDJ - and probably in the controller

Posted Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 1:02 pm
After playing with it and checking mapper this GC is what I found and the results seem to remain constant. When moving the cross fader to the left side it appears to go to 110 but the software constantly brings it back to 100. When going to the right it goes to zero but software jumps it back to 13. It is almost like a calibration issue.

Posted Fri 29 Nov 19 @ 12:17 am
I am having this issue as well. Latest VDJ update. I move the crossfader all the way tot he left, but the crossfader on the skin refuses to stay left. If I tap the crossfader on the controller when it's full left the skin crossfader spazzes, and if I press the crossfader left, the skin crossfader shoots almost fully to the middle. It definitely seems like a calibration issue, but I do not know how to fix it. I considered reinstalling VDJ but I do not wanna mess settings up. My music is on a thumb drive. What will happen to everything else not related to my music if I reinstall?

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 2:27 am
Naito_Shade wrote :
I am having this issue as well. Latest VDJ update. I move the crossfader all the way tot he left, but the crossfader on the skin refuses to stay left. If I tap the crossfader on the controller when it's full left the skin crossfader spazzes, and if I press the crossfader left, the skin crossfader shoots almost fully to the middle. It definitely seems like a calibration issue, but I do not know how to fix it. I considered reinstalling VDJ but I do not wanna mess settings up. My music is on a thumb drive. What will happen to everything else not related to my music if I reinstall?

The post you replied to is from 2019 which is like 10 generations old when it comes to VDJ, so better start over
If it's clearly something it does every time to the same extent, then it may be a software setting or issue
If it's more random, then it's probably a dirty/broken crossfader
But it's easy to test - check my old reply 2 posts above your post

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 3:01 am
I used compressed air on the crossfader. It didn't fix the issue.

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 11:47 pm
Naito_Shade wrote :
I used compressed air on the crossfader. It didn't fix the issue.

Then you may need a replacement

Posted Fri 05 Feb 21 @ 9:00 am
boslimPRO SubscriberMember since 2008
This continues to happen time after time and the only fix I have seen is pointing to the physical cross fader which I have found is not the issue. This to me is an issue with virtual dj!! Please help with a real solution.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 12:19 am
check with midiOx

Posted Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 12:46 am
I had the same issue with my Denon MC4000, i just blew on the crossfader to remove the dust and it worked!

Posted Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 8:29 am
I need help crosfeder moving itself witamercan audio rmx10 and the gain
Volume

Posted Fri 12 Nov 21 @ 2:38 pm
karmalrHome userMember since 2022
Thus ISN'T a crossfader issue with the controller. I get exactly the same issue with Pioneer WeGo AND Hercules. So a software fault with VDJ for sure...please help@

Posted Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 11:17 am
It's a crossfader issue, for sure, there is absolutely nothing in the vdj code that would make the crossfader move on its own.

Pointing at 2 very old bits of hardware isn't the proof you think it is. It's proof that faders die, circuit boards crack, solder joints break, faders get dirt and dust in them that gives faulty readings.

A test would be, delete the crossfader mapping and apply the crossfader script to another dial and watch the the error stop happening.

Selected as best answer Posted Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 11:53 am