Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: BeatGrid Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anyone else been having issues with the beat grid being off by 4 beats or with kicks not being aligned with the beat grid. I have noticed that most of the tracks I have recently put through the software have had some issues with the beat grid meaning I'm having to go and manually adjust the POI's every time I load them up. It's kinda annoying and I've never really noticed this issue before until very recently. If anyone could offer any advice or has noticed anything similar any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Posted Mon 04 Nov 19 @ 1:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
"beat grid being off by 4 beats" ??

Beat Grid is a 4 beats pattern, so not sure what you mean with the above ? If it's off by 4-beats, CBG will be still correct then

Can you provide an example, and/or a screenshot explaining this further ?

Posted Mon 04 Nov 19 @ 6:19 pm
dexstarPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I often find the CBG is off by 2 beats on some tunes. I am struggling with using the BPM editor as there is not enough granularity in the editor to set an alignment point. If anyone has any pointers that would be appreciated.

Posted Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 1:31 am
Beat tap is the best way. Then use a button to slide the cbg in correct phase. The analysis is still flawed. But there are various work arounds.

Posted Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 1:51 am
dexstar wrote :
not enough granularity

How much "granularity" (why not just say detail?) is required to correct a grid that's off by two beats?

IMO there's plenty of detail. Ceratinly enough to align a grid with a beat.

That's 1920x1080 on a 32" screen, fully zoomed in with the mouse scroll wheel, but you can get closer still by adjusting the highlighted area on the overview at the top. A little awkward maybe to do that, but shouldn't be necessary just for aligning beat grids.

Posted Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 9:52 am
I mapped a shift + custom pad button to move the grid forward one beat, for those few tracks the first beat isn't detected correctly.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 21 @ 9:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)