Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: EQ Fader / ID3 Tag

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to see the VDJ Support team do a poll on the EQ Fader do we really need this or not? And why VDJ does not
Support ID3 Tags without a addon this should be part of the
program itself.

Posted Sat 01 Nov 03 @ 7:48 pm
So everyone must like the EQ Fader? So what am I missing out on I don't get it. So ID3 Tag support should not be part of VDJ? If that so why not?

Posted Tue 04 Nov 03 @ 5:59 pm
The Eq fader is a great way to do a LONG killer fade!

My 2 cents! (or 2 Euros!)
Ronny582

Posted Tue 04 Nov 03 @ 10:33 pm
is it just me or does audio000 appear to be arguing with himself.......?

Posted Tue 04 Nov 03 @ 10:47 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well some people suggested to extend the bands of the EQ up to 5 or 10 sliders, but no EQ that sucks a lot I think.
FRUiT94

Posted Tue 04 Nov 03 @ 11:41 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'd say keep the eq fade, and who needs id3 tags?? You can add them with a plug in. That's good enough I think.
Just properly name all your files.
Know your music!

Posted Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 12:24 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Me. I want Id3 tags without an addon. The plugin crashes my system when I use it. Just because you and other folks don't have use for id3 doesn't mean nobody has use for it and that nobody should. BPM Studio reads id3 without a plugin. They didn't build it in because nobody has use for it and because professional dj's who use it don't know their music. I don't think knowing your music or properly naming your files has anything to do with using id3 tags.

By the way, I like the eq fade the way it is but I understand others wanting it differently. Since there's always more than one way to do things.

Posted Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 4:06 am
Thank you keyon

ronny582 you can do the same thing with the
A B EQ. ID3 Tags can only make VDJ better.

Posted Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 9:16 am
@audio000
As a DJ of genres like house and disco, it is quite odd that you can't see the value of the Fader EQs.

All I can say is that maybe you should question your mixing ability instead since the value of the Fader EQ should be quite obvious to any seasoned DJ. Besides, if you don't know how to use a feature.... then don't use it. If it bothers you to see it, edit the skin and remove it. Peace.

Posted Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 1:08 pm
you are right digijoc-Mele

As a chicago DJ that plays disco and house music the EQ is very important to me but like I said you can do the same thing with the A and B EQ a real DJ would know how to do that. All I am saying is the EQ fader can be a overkill! digijoc-Mele you are right some people may like it thats why we should do a poll on that and the ID3 Tags. You can't tell me that ID3 Tags support would not make VDJ better. I can live with the EQ fader but the ID3 Tags support should be there.

Posted Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 3:19 pm
@audio000
What difference does it make if the ID3 Tag support is done via a Plugin vs the core of the program ? If it works properly as a Plugin, then I don't see a problem with the approach.

As I said before, the Fader EQ is there for those who want to use it. I don't see what a Poll would prove. The function is not taking anything away from the program and some of us thinks it adds really GREAT value. Your method of using the EQ may be ok for you, but I like mapping only 3 keys to control the Bass of the Fader EQ function as opposed to 4 if I had to use the EQs only.

Again, it does not detract anything form vDJ and one can easily eliminate it from the skin. This is what I call versitility and thats great !

Peace again.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 03 @ 5:01 am
Well with the EQ crossfader you can lower the sound, but not raise it as the EQ do. Not same purpose.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 03 @ 8:49 am
@Fruit
By lowering the freq band of one deck you effectively make the same band from the opposing deck more audiable, if this is the effect that you are referring to.

Any this case, over-driving is avoided and IMO, the mix becomes more graceful and sounds better... which is always a good thing... wouldn't U agree ?

Posted Thu 06 Nov 03 @ 4:38 pm
Yeah!!!

Why but why not use great features like that?

FRUiT94

Posted Thu 06 Nov 03 @ 5:31 pm
Can't we all just get along!!!!
GRIN ;}

ronny582

Posted Fri 07 Nov 03 @ 12:33 am
@ronny582
We are getting along just fine. Healthy discussion is what I call it.

@audio000
I think I was half asleep when I made my previous post. My point was still in support of the Fader EQs. I didn't make that clear and it sounds like you may have mis-interpreted my point.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 03 @ 6:20 am
Its great listening to you all and think that some countries should be run by this method as the people speak and sort it out themselves while the team just browses and occasionally pipes up, listening to what is required and making the changes in time.... Nice.

But, I'm quite new to this and.......... not really sure what ID3 Tags are............

Can anyone help me? Just need a brief description of how to use them please.

Cheers, Paul.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 10:50 am
ID3 Tags

Is Info that is wrote to a song when you make a mp3 (convert tracks or your CDs to variety of compressed audio formats MP3, WAV, WMA, or OGG ) The info could be song title artist name album name and so on.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 3:53 pm
DJ 007Home userMember since 2003
I realized that the EQ crossfader is an interesting thing. Given that Virtual DJ doesn't have like a real pre-equalizer (im not sure what you would call it), you can use its 3-band eq to try enhancing your sound coming out a little bit. (I must say, an EQ with more bands would make things sound much better for those of us who don't have hardware EQ for sound systems).

However, it would be worse to add any more bands to Virtual Dj's controls because if you like to mix songs by cutting the bass/mids/or trebel (or a couple at a time) on the active deck while introducing the bass/mids/or trebel of the new song, then having more bands to have to do it with would be a major drawback. Anyways, the EQ crossfader allows you to keep your 3-band eq unchanged while still cutting each band in/out.

Tried finding a good EQ for actual Windows XP pre-out, but turns out theres practically nothing at all do do this with. The couple programs I did see cost money, so I didn't even try.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 5:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)