Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Save Settings????
Is there someway to save my preferences and tweeks? I just had an update and it reset all my tweeks and settings back to factory. I have like a dozen tweeks and changes, and its a seriously annoying thing to have to figure out what i need to set back right before a show.

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 12:27 am
djay15PRO InfinityMember since 2016
I've lost everything in my playlist and it won't let me add to my playlist???????????

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 2:23 am
Since no one replied to the affirmative, I'm guessing no?

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 3:19 am
So you don't keep backups of your important files, like the settings file or the database? You know, so you can go back to them if you need to?

As for updating right before a show, well that's at your own risk. I don't understand why anyone would do that - especially without backups.

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 9:29 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Maybe some king "restore point" would be fine with actual updates that kill many things
when loosing some settings because of behavior have silently change any backup can't help
just have to blindly figure out what may be the reason

that's why updates are tested on backup pc before to apply to main one or not

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 9:51 am
Your settings are in the settings.xml file and your track info (bpm's cue points and so on) are int the database.xml file
Both are located in the /documents/virtualdj folder
Both will be included if you use the backup feature in vdj (video om that below)
If some of your tracks are on an external harddrive, the database.xml file with info on those tracks will be on the drive in a virtualdj folder

Posted Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 10:46 am
Ty For the backup Post Friend Much Appreciated..👌

Posted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 7:28 pm