Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: pitch range

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i posted this on the Virtual DJ support FB group. but i wanted to also post here as a feature request

basically, the pitch range has been omitted from the v2020 skin and lot of us DJs actually need this, because we need to extend the pitch range to 25%, 50% etc for certain mixes, then go back to our preferred more manageable range of 8%, 10% for the remainder of the time, so we need to be able to see what the range is, at any given moment.

the V8 skin had this.

so my request is that its put back again, and id like to suggest that it would be a button so that it can be changed right there, kill 2 birds with one stone rather than wasting a custom button on it.
thanks

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 4:24 pm
EDIT: another user has let me know that the pitch range indicator was moved inside the jog wheel, i didnt realise that. but my request still stands for 3 reasons.
1 i think this is not a good place for it. (my opinion, you may or may not agree)
2. its only a display, not a button, so you cant change the range from there if you want to.
3. you cant see it at all if you are in video mode (which is how i work)

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 4:33 pm
Matty1000 wrote :
lot of us DJs actually need this

A lot of us DJs use controllers, and the pitch range button is on the controller.

By the way, it is still there on the skin....

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 4:34 pm
groovindj wrote :
Matty1000 wrote :
lot of us DJs actually need this

A lot of us DJs use controllers, and the pitch range button is on the controller.

By the way, it is still there on the skin....

ah so it was hidden.
ok, my request still stands though. i think its something you would want to be able to see at surface level (which you cant, at least in video mode)
lot of controllers dont have this button , and still the controller is not going to let you see what its set to, you still need it on screen.

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 4:38 pm
Whereabouts do you want it? Someone can post the code for you to add.

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 4:40 pm
well, as i said, i think here is the perfect place for it

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 4:42 pm
i hear there may be a new video skin on the way
i would hope that it would be accounted for in that at least

i can always use the old skin, though i would really prefer to use the latest ones.

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 4:44 pm
That would also involve moving the nudge buttons down though. What about below them?

OTOH on skins mods I've done, I often put it in the little box at the top of the pitch fader, or by the side, next to the reset button.

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 4:58 pm
I'm used to seeing the pitch range like it is on the FRUiT Skin, also the Pitch range adjuster should be under/next to the slider, to me that's the obvious place it should be

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 6:37 pm
I've just added the text in exactly that place (bottom of the pitch faders) in my edit of the 2020 Pro skin.

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 6:51 pm
Could always put it on a custom button as well, for now at least, would double as a click to change range ...

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 7:00 pm
groovindj wrote :
That would also involve moving the nudge buttons down though. What about below them?

above or below works, at least its in the general neighbourhood :D

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 8:29 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Could always put it on a custom button as well, for now at least, would double as a click to change range ...

that is actually a cool workaround

Posted Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 8:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)