Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Software not updating

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there. Each and every time i open VDJ8 it states there is a new version and asks if i want to be updated. I always click YES but nothing seems to happen. I've restarted my computer and tried again and again, but nothing. when i check the version i'm running it says v8.3 b4592. i have a virtual dj pro infinity license if that makes a difference, which leads to another question. when i log in to my account at vdj.com it says i have no licenses..but in the software itself it does say i have virtual dj pro infinity.

any suggestions? should i uninstall completely from my computer and re install? i'm just concerned i could get asked to pay again if i uninstall.

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 11:35 am
Open settings, and click "Licenses" tab.
On top of the window it should display the username and e-mail that it uses to validate the license.
Is it the same as the one you use on forums ?

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 11:37 am
actually, no. they are different. what's the best way to proceed? (and thank you!)

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 12:03 pm
so i added the email address that corresponds with the forum login, and now it is showing my licenses and such. when i opened up the s/w again, it asked me to update, first to 2018, then 2020. but it still doesn't appear to be the latest version.

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 12:10 pm
If you look on the bottom left corner of the config window, it should mention the build you're running.
What does it say ?

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 1:07 pm
it says what it said earlier... v8.3 b4592

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 6:18 pm
i am having the same problem here.

it downloads , asks if i want to update,i click yes & nothing happens

i am logged in as usual
this is the first time that this is happening

build 5046
hp i7 8750
12 gb ram

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 8:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Download and install directly from the download page then

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 8:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)