Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Headphones wont work.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When i set my external sound card as the headphones, and when i go to use them, it doesnt work, its just playing what the master is playing.

Posted Tue 10 Sep 19 @ 3:30 pm
More info please. No way anyone can help with that.

You also need a licensed version to use external devices.

Posted Tue 10 Sep 19 @ 3:41 pm
i want to use the headphone feature, i have a numark mt3 and it doesnt have a soundcard on board. so i bought an external soundcard so that i can use the feature.

Posted Tue 10 Sep 19 @ 3:45 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yeah, still not enough info,
a picture of your audio config and details of your audio interface please.

Posted Tue 10 Sep 19 @ 3:59 pm
idk how to explain it to you. and i cant send photos. its legit what i said, its like when i have the external sound card as the headphones, then i put the crossfader to the opposite track, and then turn on the PFL it doesnt send any sound through the headphones / soundcard, it just mimics the master audio

Posted Tue 10 Sep 19 @ 4:10 pm
OK so we've established that you're using an external interface for headphones...

What interface is it? Are you also using it for master? if not, how have you got the VDJ audio config set up? Where's master going?

You can post pictures. Just host them on a picture sharing site and post the link here. Alternatively you could by a license, then you can post pics directly here.

Posted Tue 10 Sep 19 @ 4:25 pm

Posted Tue 10 Sep 19 @ 4:28 pm
Well the first thing I noticed in the pic of your config is that the USB device says "error" on the right hand side.

It's not surprising really, considering you spend a whole £2.20 on it.

The best advice I can give you is to put that thing on the floor, jump on it, then put the bits in the bin. :-)

Is your PC a laptop or full size desktop/tower? If it's not a laptop then your onboard audio may have more channels you could use. Are there any more listed other than channels 1 & 2?

It's always best to use one audio interface for everything (master and headphones) rather than two different devices.

Posted Tue 10 Sep 19 @ 4:32 pm
i tried it with another one i had in a box somewhere. http://prntscr.com/p4cylu

but it seems to work whenever i dont have my controller plugged in.

Posted Tue 10 Sep 19 @ 4:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 10 Sep 19 @ 11:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)