Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Questions about plugins development, talks with other developers etc
Topic: Virtual DJ Remote
I took the plunge and purchased virtual DJ remote for Android my Tablet which is a samsung SM-T725 when it installed i ran it but was given a warning saying that i must download an updated version. i am running Android 9 can someone from the support team tell me if this will run or is there an update being made to support newer Android devices.

Posted Wed 04 Sep 19 @ 6:05 pm
it updates via google play app store, so check for updates in there.

Posted Wed 04 Sep 19 @ 11:39 pm
Same problem here.
I have used VDJ remote a few times so it was working for sure, but I also got the Android 9 update a few weeks ago. So I have started VDJ Remote a few minutes ago and I got the same message. It's build for an older version of Android and you need to check for updates.. If you click "Check for updates" you're forwarded to the Google play store and there is no update.

If you just click "Ok" button instead of Check for updates, it will start VDJ remote, but I have to test if it still works with VDJ2020. To be continued.....

PS: It is not fullscreen anymore...

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 6:32 am
remote app for android works fine with VDJ2020 (2020 version is still v8.something and nothing has changed within virtualdj)

but i do agree the remote app could do with updating, browser features need to be added and vector skin options would be beneficial

Posted Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 4:10 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
This is an Android compatibility warning only.
Many old enough apps created for older versions of Android are affected because they use some "tagged as obsolete" features
Of course it must going on working with VDJ but in a near future it may not work anymore with newest Android version

royvanmeel writed : "PS: It is not fullscreen anymore..."
the fullscreen compatibility may be the reason of this warning

Posted Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 7:12 pm

An update will come in near future for the Remote app as well :)

Posted Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 7:22 pm
Trying out the remote. Using an iPad(2018). My home WiFi.

The iPad keeps disconnecting after a song or so. When it does disconnect, I have to shut down the VDJ on computer in order to recconnect.

Posted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 12:31 pm
Yes, it's not great at the moment and I have the similar issues on iOS. Been needing updated for years so let's hope it's not too long.

Posted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 1:48 pm
Not to change the topic, however I am trying to use the app to access the eq10 or eq30 plug in.

If there a way to access the master effects on the remote?

Thanks

Posted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 6:44 pm
Bump

Posted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 3:17 pm