Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BPM Analyzing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Any one knows of a program that could analyze bpm of zip media files outside of VDJ that will read into v7..?

It's taking forever in V7 Not using v8 right now.
Thanks...

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 2:55 am
I suggest using VDJ 8.

Analysing is lightning fast on my i7 PC, with VDJ running through several files at a time.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 7:12 am
Yes I know, but how could you analyze in v8 and convert to v7 which i'll be using?
Thanks...

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 7:15 am
I suggest using VDJ 8.

VDJ 7 is dead. It has been for years now. Time to move on.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 7:20 am
Some people are stuck in their ways and either fear or don't want the hassle of upgrading.

V8 is rock solid and fast, and there are plenty people here to help you through the process of moving over. You can of course have both vversions installed at the same time too to help with the transition.

V7 is dead.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 7:28 am
I guess you have no idea about what i'm asking for, I just needed help with this topic.

Just because I prefer using v7 and it still works just fine is a testament of a Good software product, despite its flaws.

Does that makes me not entitled to an answer? ..Wow I never treated anyone this way to an answer to a question, that is what this forum is suppose to be for Support...Not ridicule...

I've been a long time user and have worked these boards too, so please if you have an answer please share it, that's the reason for this forum..

I will start using v8 when I can spare the time to learn it.

Thanks...

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 6:43 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
it still works just fine

Oh sorry. I thought you said "It's taking forever in V7".

Maybe it's time for a new computer, if it's that slow? At least try analyzing in VDJ 8 as a comparison to see if the issue is your computer or VDJ 7...

By the way, there is an addon util that converts the 8 database to 7.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 8:09 pm
I know, I also have v8 running on my back up laptop i7 with ssd. it's a large database on a new external drive.
I did try the utility Konverter, but it had an issue that would not convert my external H:\ drive for some unknown reason, I reached out to the author of the program, but hasn't replied back to me yet.
So, yeah v8 is much faster, wished that konverter program worked so I can get it done...

Posted Mon 26 Aug 19 @ 8:32 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
It’s also possible that nobody here actually knows the answer to your question because many (almost certainly most) have made the move to v8 by now.

Perhaps this is the catalyst for you to make the leap, too.

Posted Wed 28 Aug 19 @ 2:28 am
Not true, someone knows the answer to this issue and it's in that Konverter program or some other method, but haven't got a response back yet.

Posted Wed 28 Aug 19 @ 7:13 am
[sigh]
The answer is version 8...

Posted Wed 28 Aug 19 @ 7:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)