Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Midi fighter 3D &Twist
Can’t seem to map the midi fighters I have bother the 3D and twist any help will be appreciated.....

Posted Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 1:17 am
proriican wrote :
Can’t seem to map

Meaning what exactly? More details required....

FYI there are VDJ 7 user uploaded maps available, which should (I think) still work with VDJ 8.

Posted Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 4:38 pm
groovindj wrote :
proriican wrote :
Can’t seem to map

Meaning what exactly? More details required....

FYI there are VDJ 7 user uploaded maps available, which should (I think) still work with VDJ 8.

I wanted to map the first bank of 16 buttons for cues one 8 for left deck 8 for right deck

Then bank 2 I wanted all 16 buttons for samples

Bank 3

I wanted loop rolles 8 for each decks

Midi fighter twister

I wanted to control effects on each deck

And bank for I’m now sure what I wanted to do with it just yet but every time I try to use the learn button it doesn’t seem to work or if I begin to Evan attempt VDJ script I get no where with that ether , the mappings they have aren’t what I want to utilize the midi fighter for

Posted Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 10:31 pm
That's a very nice list of what you want the mapping to do, but you still haven't explained what "can't seem to map" means.

Now you've added "doesn't seem to work" and "get no where" (sic). This doesn't describe the problem.

Is the device being detected by your computer when you plug the USB cable in? Is the device listed as a controller in VDJ?

When the learn button "doesn't seem to work" what happens exactly?

When you attempt to script, what script are you using? For what button? Where are you entering it?

Posted Sun 07 Jul 19 @ 8:37 am
I am also totally new to writing script, and am trying to get a better understaning of it. I also have both the twister, and the 3d.

I want the 3d to act as a simple sampler, all 64 buttons with 4 banks.(maybe even a filter when picked up and tilted)
The Twister is in the mail, but ive always wanted it to accompany the 3D. I would want it to have control (just like The previous post above) of the effects on the knobs, and stems on a different bank with the knobs.
If i can rack my brain around all this and get it mapped, or if vdj / someone else whos good at it can, it would be an incredible and exciting new extension for everyone who has them.

Thank you to all the team and supporters who help everyone with their questions

Posted Wed 09 Mar 22 @ 3:10 pm