Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: No Support in Early Access for Denon Asio

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DjMagg0PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey,

why has the Early access BUILD 5044 (2019-06-14) no support for Denon Asio anymore?

-Denon ASIO driver no longer used on windows (use WASAPI instead)

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 1:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Because it was too buggy causing crashes all the time, and WASAPI is working just fine for the affected devices. (but without the crashes)

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 1:25 pm
DjMagg0PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the answer.
Is that just for early access?
I don't have any problems with the public version of VDJ 8 and the Denon Asio drivers yet.
I use a Denon MC 7000.

Edit:

i see we now have 2 threads

One in the German forum says, that the Denon MC 4000 has no option for the selection of the Wasapi drivers.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 1:32 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
A german unser wrote he's got the MCX8000 and MC4000. In comparision to the MCX8000 he has no option to choose WASAPI for the MC4000 in VDJ.
Is that a problem or, if there is the possibility to choose ASIO, will VDJ internally switch to using WASAPI?

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 1:37 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I think the MCX7000 uses a newer asio driver that's not affected.
Only the older denon devices that use the older asio driver will now automatically use wasapi.
We tested most of these devices, and they all worked fine that way.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 1:40 pm
I use MCX8000 with Asio and its fine. Only the older Denon (MC series) drivers were a nightmare.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 1:54 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
And FWIW I got my MC6000 (original) working great on ASIO with 64-bit VDJ. 32-bit has been problematic with ASIO for years and I used WASAPI.

I don’t think this will be an issue for me but will need to test at some point before committing.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 2:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The case of the user reporting no WASAPI for MC400 was because he has disabled the device itself from Windows Sound. Issue is now solved for the user.
There is no other report with an issue using WASAPI instead of ASIO.

Keep in mind that the blocked ASIO driver is the one named as "DENON DJ ASIO Driver" and affects the controllers :
HC4500, HC5000, HD2500, X-1600, MC3000, MC6000, S1200, S3700, SC2900, SC3900
For the above controllers (and just those), even if its ASIO driver is installed, VirtualDJ will ignore it and use the WASAPI WIndows driver, which in our tests works just fine.

And just to be sure its understood... ALL DENON controllers are still supported. Its just the ASIO driver of some that is blocked and forced WASAPI to be used.

If there is any other case where WASAPI is not available or not good enough to run your show, please let us know.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 5:46 pm
buenos dias o tardes os escribo desde madrid españa el problema que tengo es lo siguiente
instale el asio de la denon hc4500 pero el virtual no lo reconoce el asio solo me sale
el wasapi por defecto
si alguien me puede ayudar a como confugurar gracias

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 9:28 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
moderator please posting in English in British flagged forums

Denon ASIO driver for the HC4500 IS no longer supported by windows (use WASAPI instead)

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 9:55 am
i find it odd that my backup computer still is recognized by vdj 8 with denon asio on my HC4500 and my main laptop is not. it is also odd that on my system with my mackie mixer vlz1402, the back up gives me sound thru the designated channels but the main one it does not but has the wasapi ( sp ) it says DH 4500 or something to that effect

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 2:48 pm
I find it odd that you haven't mentioned what operating system you main computer or your backup computer are running, or what version (build) of VDJ they have installed.

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 4:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)