Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Hotwheel 2

Posted Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 11:34 am
A short description of this skin that I made in order to have the essentials on the eyes:

This skin allows you to set up up to eight customizable buttons.
The different functions of the buttons on the top bar are:
- 1.2.3: Reset the browser list in the original order. (e. g. for a playlist)
- X: Remove played titles from the side list
- Xclu: Audio card allowed exclusively to Virtual DJ.
- Clock
- Rec and filename

On the right you have the Sampler Volume and Main Volume controls and also the Cuemix and Headphone Volume controls. There is also a button to reset your controller.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 8:04 pm
idj4himPRO InfinityMember since 2009
ive been waiting on a skin like this nice job

Posted Thu 25 Apr 19 @ 11:21 pm
Thank you.
I'm glad you like this skin.

Posted Fri 26 Apr 19 @ 1:27 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Liking it much. Great work.
Is it possible to have the filter button with the options like the VDJ 8 default skin????

Posted Sat 27 Apr 19 @ 10:37 am
Great idea!
I will add it soon in the next update.
In the meantime, you can use a custom button (there are 8 of them) and map this on it : filter_selectcolorfx

Posted Sat 27 Apr 19 @ 3:32 pm
Was the graphics file resized from another skin?

The skin appearance is very blurry, and graphics & text are misaligned.

Posted Sat 27 Apr 19 @ 4:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
Was the graphics file resized from another skin?

The skin appearance is very blurry, and graphics & text are misaligned.

That' s strange I tested it on 3 different PCs....with different resolutions. Can you send me a screenshot?

Posted Sat 27 Apr 19 @ 6:19 pm
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
hi, great job! can we have slider 2 about effects in effect_3slot_layout? or number of beat about effects...

Posted Sat 27 Apr 19 @ 7:42 pm
christian1973 wrote :
Can you send me a screenshot?

Sorry, I can't now. I deleted the skin earlier.

When I looked at the PNG file it certainly looked quite blurred, as if it had been resized (you didn't say if it had).

The first thing I noticed on the skin was the text under the mixer knobs was not central. Then I noticed things like the colours on the deck option buttons were not clear or aligned. There were a lot of little problems with the clarity and alignment of graphics.

Posted Sat 27 Apr 19 @ 8:52 pm
groovindj wrote :
christian1973 wrote :
Can you send me a screenshot?

Sorry, I can't now. I deleted the skin earlier.

When I looked at the PNG file it certainly looked quite blurred, as if it had been resized (you didn't say if it had).

The first thing I noticed on the skin was the text under the mixer knobs was not central. Then I noticed things like the colours on the deck option buttons were not clear or aligned. There were a lot of little problems with the clarity and alignment of graphics.

Actually no, I didn't resize the PNG file: I started from 0 with Skinbuilder and then I added some elements to it (these may have been resized).
For misalignments, you mean the text under eq. (High/Mid/Low) I think? I could probably fix it in a future update.
This is my first skin, I created it (VirtualDJ is really fun for this!!!!) because I couldn't find any that suited me perfectly, so I thought it might interest some others.
There may be some imperfections to improve.
Thank you for your help and welcome comments.

Posted Sun 28 Apr 19 @ 2:15 pm
mg_1978 wrote :
hi, great job! can we have slider 2 about effects in effect_3slot_layout? or number of beat about effects...

Thank you for the comment. I will try to add slider 2 (it just needs a little more space to add it)
Best Regard

Posted Sun 28 Apr 19 @ 2:28 pm
christian1973 wrote :

I started from 0 with Skinbuilder

I'm pretty sure that one of the terms & conditions for djdad's skinbuilder is that you cannot share (upload here) skins that are made with it.

Yes, here we go:
djdad wrote :
As per the License Agreement (you may read that in the Installer), you are not permitted to share/upload/sell skins made with Skin Builder. It is meant to be used for personal purposes.

Posted Sun 28 Apr 19 @ 2:29 pm
groovindj wrote :
christian1973 wrote :

I started from 0 with Skinbuilder

I'm pretty sure that one of the terms & conditions for djdad's skinbuilder is that you cannot share (upload here) skins that are made with it.

Yes, here we go:
djdad wrote :
As per the License Agreement (you may read that in the Installer), you are not permitted to share/upload/sell skins made with Skin Builder. It is meant to be used for personal purposes.

Not really created with Skinbuilder. This is not possible create this skin with it.
But Skinbuilder allowed me to learn how skin works. After that, I completely re-write it.

Posted Sun 28 Apr 19 @ 4:25 pm
My favorite skin by far. Thankyou

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 4:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
FYI, Skin has been removed for 2 reasons.
- Most of the skin elements were created with Skin Builder, which violates its License agreement.
- Few additions/changes mimic other competitor software

This topic is locked from further posting.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 4:53 pm