Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-800 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hmmm, so what does "Initial support for DDJ-800" mean then, I wonder?

[EDIT] It's listed in my 64 bit VDJ (4973).

Posted Wed 29 May 19 @ 8:56 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't have that x64 build, that build x86 it isn't listed.

Posted Wed 29 May 19 @ 9:13 pm
Oh yes it is!

Posted Wed 29 May 19 @ 9:23 pm
It is now, but they've ONLY just pushed the mapping, (I saw the DL on start up @adion :p)

@RafroBeat start vdj while connected to the net, maybe give vdj a restart and you can play with your new toy

Posted Wed 29 May 19 @ 9:43 pm
groovindj wrote :
Oh yes it is!

I don't have this! :'( :'(

Posted Thu 30 May 19 @ 5:19 am
It wouldn't work as you need the definition file and you only get that file from a mapping push,
start vdj when connected to the net, let it sit for 20 seconds and restart, It'll get there.

Posted Thu 30 May 19 @ 5:53 am
DDJ-800 support was indeed pushed as a controllers update.
This means that after you get latest EA build you need to open it and let it download the controllers update.
Then on next restart of VirtualDJ the support for DDJ-800 is there

Posted Thu 30 May 19 @ 11:01 am
locodog wrote :
It wouldn't work as you need the definition file and you only get that file from a mapping push,
start vdj when connected to the net, let it sit for 20 seconds and restart, It'll get there.

Yeah! I got it!! Works!

Posted Thu 30 May 19 @ 1:53 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
DDJ-800 support was indeed pushed as a controllers update.
This means that after you get latest EA build you need to open it and let it download the controllers update.
Then on next restart of VirtualDJ the support for DDJ-800 is there

Yeahhhh! I got it! Work!

Posted Thu 30 May 19 @ 1:54 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
If you're not using VDJ8, then you're missing out on convenience. The choice's yours to make.

Posted Fri 31 May 19 @ 8:36 am
Where do I find this new build?

Posted Sat 01 Jun 19 @ 5:39 pm
Just search earlyAccess in settings, tick yes, while online, give vdj a restart and it will get the update.

Posted Sat 01 Jun 19 @ 5:46 pm
I can't seem to locate the early access build page, any help.

Posted Sat 01 Jun 19 @ 6:17 pm
You can find it via the wiki, if you want to download it from here. Alternatively just enable early access via VDJ settings (as already explained).

Posted Sat 01 Jun 19 @ 6:25 pm
got it thx guys!

Posted Sat 01 Jun 19 @ 6:50 pm
Just used VDJ with my 800 today for about 15 minutes. It basically just plugged and played. All the basic functions worked well, but I did notice that some of the effects are not working as in Rekordbox.II believe that those effects belong to the native software and I would have to map them to some VDJ effects. There was some lag using trim on both decks , and I felt that the sound was not as crisp as with the native software. That just might have been the particular song I loaded up. If anyone is using the 800 with VDJ can you back up or counter my short experience. Will play with it more extensively tomorrow.

Posted Thu 13 Jun 19 @ 7:02 am
I believe I've said it above already:
DDJ-800 does NOT feature any native effects (even for hardware mixing)
Therefore all effects are software, and each software has it's own effects, ways to apply them, sound, settings e.t.c.

For your gain issue (Trim) are you familiar with MIDI mixing and the way gain works in VirtualDJ ?
If you are, then I can only say that I haven't seen any delay or lag.
If you are not, then keep in mind that VirtualDJ has different ways to manipulate gain depending on your settings.
With factory default settings autoGain is enabled. This means that all songs should sound about the same level when the gain slider is on 12 o clock position.
Also this means that every time you load a track VirtualDJ "resets" the internal gain on 12 o clock position. When this happens if your hardware/controller gain slider is not in the same spot a "ghost" slider gets created (that shows the position of the controller's gain knob). The ghost slider must then "link" again with the regular slider for the gain slider to start working again. This happens by moving the ghost slider on the 12 o clock position (or in order to be precise, in the position of the software slider)
All this behavior is user adjustable. Please refer to user manual or start a new thread for further assistance if you need to change it.
Again, this is the typical behavior of MIDI mixing, not an issue of the controller or it's mapping.

Finally, with all settings set to flat (no EQ, no ColorFX, no Tempo adjustment e.t.c. I can't really tell any difference in audio between Rekordbox and VirtualDJ.
There may be a difference in volume level depending on the headroom setting in both Rekordbox and VirtualDJ, but that's something to be expected and not to get confused with "audio quality/clarity" Usually people tend to consider louder as better quality, but that's not the case.

Those are my own remarks.

PS: Make sure that Rekordbox is not set to MONO (monoaural) sound mode. Currently VirtualDJ does not support this setting. An update will come though that will enable it.

Posted Thu 13 Jun 19 @ 7:37 am
Wow! Great info in this thread! And now that the VDJ mapping for the DDJ-800 has been released and people are reporting it's working I just ordered my new 800. It will arrive on Monday. I can't wait! It will be my new gigging controller and a nice step up from my current DDJ-SR2.

Also thanks to PhantomDeejay for all this great info on VDJ and the DDJ-800.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 10:38 pm
I received my new DDJ-800 today and I've been playing with it all day so I can use it at my gig this Friday. So far so good. Everything is working perfectly except for one thing:

If I load a song on deck 1 and deck 3, I can not hear both of them playing at the same time. Same goes for decks 2 and 4. I can only hear the song that the selector is set to.

In order for me to mix on 4 decks, I need all 4 songs to come out of the master outputs at the same time. Right now, only 2 songs at a time.

Posted Tue 25 Jun 19 @ 4:44 am
That's a limitation of the device.
You can use a trick to somehow bypass this limitation though:
Load the DDJ-800 settings pad page, navigate to the miscellaneous sub-page and press the forth pad to switch the mixer mode from dual to 4 decks
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj800/settings.html#miscellaneous

Keep in mind that each time you switch from deck 1 to let's say deck 3, deck 3 will update with current mixer fader position(s). However, deck 1 will stay intact until you switch back to it. Same goes for switching from deck 3 to deck 1.

Posted Tue 25 Jun 19 @ 6:33 am
45%