Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-800 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Works with RB, and I'm sure at some point, there will be a mapping with VDJ (probably wont be too much different than the DDJ-1000). Pioneer seems to be shying away more and more from Serato as it tries to push people to it's own platform. I'm sure that's making the boys at Serato pretty nervous. Has no effect on VDJ obviously since it'll most likely be mapped.

Posted Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 12:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Thu 23 May 19 @ 12:56 pm[ selected best answer by locodog on Fri 24 May 19 @ 1:18 am ]
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So erm, what's new here...? The name.

Posted Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 4:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I was expecting that. Nothing new of course, just the small brother of DDJ-1000 with a 2ch-mixer and a smaller price i suppose.

Posted Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 7:14 pm
locodog wrote :
So erm, what's new here...? The name.

The 800 is a 2 channel unit. The 1000 is a 4. There are other little things that are different but that's the main thing.

Posted Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 7:15 pm
How long until the first "is there a mapper for it yet" post?

Probably tomorrow........

Posted Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 7:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Will not wait for that. Will answer now lol

ETA for VDJ support is 1-2 months after product is available in market

Posted Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 7:30 pm

For Me its the same...

Posted Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 10:20 pm
around 800 for that they have lost their minds.

Posted Tue 16 Apr 19 @ 10:24 pm
It is quite watered down compared to the 1000

Posted Wed 17 Apr 19 @ 8:42 am
They're promoting a feedback eliminator in RB with this unit. I'm curious how they are handling that considering most software feedback destroyers are not all that great.

Posted Wed 17 Apr 19 @ 12:04 pm
Just buy a decent mic.

Posted Wed 17 Apr 19 @ 2:32 pm
djdad wrote :
Will not wait for that. Will answer now lol

ETA for VDJ support is 1-2 months after product is available in market

Thanks for that. I came here specifically to ask that question lol. I'm currently using the DDJ-SR2 and this 800 looks appealing to me for one main reason:

I HATE the mic input on the SR2. I hate the placement of the volume control and it doesn't have any eq for the mic. The 800 has 2 mic inputs with adjustable eq and the volume knobs are on the face of the controller, not on the side. Plus, I'll be able to get the features of the 1000 too, all in a smaller more compact box. I think it's kinda over-priced at $899... but nonetheless, I am interested.

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 2:04 am
Price is crazy, but we will pay for it. I have the Denon MC6000MK2. (2 Mics, stand alone, inputs up the wazoo) It is a great controller, but I had it almost 5 years. Got it new for $599. I wanted a pioneer controller, as I love how the play buttons and pads feel, but anything Pioneer under $1000 is so stripped down. The DDJ 800 looks promising but $899 DAMN!!!!.

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 8:22 pm
inxscpl@aol.com wrote :
$899 DAMN!!!!.

Come on, it's really not that much. How many years it that going to last you? How many gigs before you've earned that money back?

Posted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 8:38 pm
groovindj wrote :
inxscpl@aol.com wrote :
$899 DAMN!!!!.

Come on, it's really not that much. How many years it that going to last you? How many gigs before you've earned that money back?

DJ: "W'oh! Brand new Pioneer controller! I shall buy it today because it's the greatest and nothing will top it!"
*DJ pays $899 for newest shiny Pioneer controller*

Pioneer: "Hold my beer and watch this...."
*Pioneer releases DDJ-800 MK2 6 months after you paid $899*

haha I swear Pioneer and Apple collaborate on the same business strategies. They both release something new, everyone goes crazy and then a few months later that release a new version with minimal upgrades and everyone goes crazy again. Broken record, but people will keep paying and going crazy over the newest shiniest stuff as long as companies keep releasing them.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 12:45 pm
groovindj wrote :

Come on, it's really not that much. How many years it that going to last you?

For me? Probably less than one year. Before I wanted to get/try another one
This may not be the fault of the controller, though :)
Anyway...
If it was $699 like the DDJ-RR I feel it's replacing, I may have given it a shot
But for $899 I'd probably rather go with a Denon MC7000 at $998
Also: My DDJ-SR is the only controller I've owned that totally broke down on me out of the blue (I've owned about 20 controllers, I think). It needed a brand new main circuit board to get working again, and it was only about 6 months old, and had probably been used less than 25 times, at that point - so I generally don't feel too good about Pioneer controllers (plasticy) build quality. But that's just me (I know it didn't keep me from buying the DDJ-400 when that came out, but still :) )

Posted Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 1:48 pm
I would have bought the 800 if they announced it at NAMM , but just bought a XDJ-RR end of February.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 1:54 pm
Don't worry, they'll release another similar one in around 10 minutes....

Posted Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 2:05 pm
I guess I'm different then. I'm not one for swapping out my kit for something else on a regular basis.

Currently I have a DDJ-SX2 and a DDJ-RZ, and I can't see me buying something to replace them unless they happen to develop a fault that's BER. They cover my needs (and beyond) so 'new shiny' is not required.

I wouldn't buy gear unless it suited my needs. I wouldn't buy it despite the problem, then put up with the flaws until a MKII came out. I'd get something else.

Posted Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 6:15 pm
I don't buy Pioneer's new gear unless they create something that fills a need that I have. In the case of the 800, it does just that. I've been wanting a controller similar in size to my SR2 but with better mic controls because I speak on the mic a lot at most of my gigs. The 800 is the first of their controllers to fit that bill for me. I gig at least 4 times every week so having the right gear that does exactly what I need is important to me.

I did not buy the 1000 when it came out because it didn't fit my needs. It's big and bulky with features that I will probably never use. I already own the SX2 which I keep set up at home, but I gig with my SR2 because it's smaller it more portable. I just HATE the mic control on it. That is it's only downfall for me, but that's a pretty big one when I think about how much I use my mic at my gigs.

Posted Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 6:07 am
15%