Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: bug with video playback / shader

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

for NYE I generated a playlist which had both standard mp3, a few video drops and some MP4 video, I selected shader as video source for audio only tracks.

when video tracks were playing the shader effect was bleeding through the dark video sections, almost like chromakey ?

anyone else had this issue, laptop has combined radion / intel graphics

Posted Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 9:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Perhaps the video fader was not completely set to the automix deck, but a little bit to the non-playing deck?

Posted Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 9:25 pm
Good point , they are normally linked, i will check my set up and report back,

Posted Thu 03 Jan 19 @ 8:43 pm
problem resolved , at first I could not reproduce even with the cross fader slightly over, this was because I did not have a track loaded on the empty dec, make complete sense now, shader as audio only & no track loaded = no effect, shader and audio only track loaded (even if cued and not yet playing) = effect active

and the cross fader only has to be slightly off its end stop to generate this effect

Must admit I was pushing VDJ all night with both audio, karaoke, video drops and samples with shader running and it performed flawlessly, when some guests from over the road had to leave a little earlier than expected, I started broadcasting and sent them the link !

Posted Fri 04 Jan 19 @ 11:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)