Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SX3 sound problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I’m using a HP PC with my SX3, when playing 2 tracks together my sound is cracking on both my main speakers and in the headphones. Also my individual channels vu meters are peaking. My master volume is hardly moving. With my master volume at unity when I move the individual channels 1,2,3 or 4 up not even 2 clicks the sound is so loud. It’s like I have the volume on the channel all the way up. All my gains are set to 0. Please help!

Posted Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 1:00 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is autogain turned on?

What speakers are you using and how are they cabled?

With the channel gains turned down to keep the VU meters in the green or just bumping yellow, how is it?

When you mix two tracks together, the volume will I crease you will want the channel faders on both tracks down a bit at times. Adding sound from another track increases overall volume.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 3:37 pm
I use EV ZLX’s, Auto gain is on, I know mixing will increase the volume. The channel gains on every controller I’ve used I’ve always had at 0/ or 12 o’clo

Posted Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 4:37 pm
My RX is at 12 o'clock as well.
My autoGain is set to auto+remember
gainSliderIncludesAutoGain is set to yes
zeroDB is set to -1db

When I'm set up in my "studio":
Using XLR out to my Mackie SRM-450's, their gain is at LINE, which is about 9 o'clock. Normal setup at a venue they are at 12.

My master is at 9 o'clock on the RX as well. Channel fader is 100%. VU meter sits at unity on average, blinking in the yellow occasionally.

VDJ's master out VU meter also sits in the green, limiter never kicks in.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 11:39 pm
Thanks for your advice, I switched laptops and it’s working fine. I don’t know if it’s because this one has 8gb or ram. I also put my zero dB at -3 and it works better.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 11:51 pm
The RAM shouldn't affect your volume output. I only have 8G in both my PC's

Posted Thu 03 Jan 19 @ 12:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)