Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: CRASHING when changing settings

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I used VDJ last Friday night for several hours with no issues. This week when I opened it up, it indicated that there was an update so I installed the update. Once it relaunched, each time I open the program it says that I have attached a new controller. I went in to Settings to get a new skin for the controller I'm using (Pioneer DDJ-SB2). When I select "Get More" under Main GUI skins VDJ crashes. (It's done this several times now)
I unplugged the controller and when I go into settings to change the Audio settings, VDJ crashes.

I've uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed. Same problem.

V8.3
b4675

Posted Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 6:37 pm
DJ J'neric wrote :

I've uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed. Same problem.

You didn't go back to the previous build? If you think it was caused by the update, reinstall the previous version.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 6:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
This has been fixed in the current Early Access release. (4718)

Posted Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 6:55 pm
[/quote]
You didn't go back to the previous build? If you think it was caused by the update, reinstall the previous version.
[/quote]

Pardon my ignorance... but how do you do that? Also, since I have now lost ALL my previous settings and lists and virtual folders, is there a way to back up all of those things so I don't lose them again?

Posted Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 7:32 pm
Adion wrote :
This has been fixed in the current Early Access release. (4718)

How do I get that?

Posted Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 7:32 pm
Click into Settings, Options, then search for all settings, then scroll down to the Internet section, and set earlyAccessUpdates to Yes. As of about 30 minutes ago, V8.3.b4718 was released.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 8:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)