Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Is it possible to stack Sound Color FXs?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to stack Sound Color FXs?

Right now I use scripts like these:

On/Off for specific effect:
effect_active 'colorfx' && effect_select 'colorfx' 'echo' & effect_colorslider 'colorfx' 50%
Knob:
effect_colorslider 'colorfx'

Thatlooks like there is only 1 slot for a color fx - so in other words: only one at the time
So that this:
effect_active 'colorfx' && effect_select 'colorfx' 'loop rool' & effect_colorslider 'colorfx' 50%
will disable the echo, because it's no longer in the colorfx effect slot

I can use a standard effect slot for an additional effect, which will work with "effect_colorslider"
But will that always give me the same result?

Posted Thu 06 Dec 18 @ 4:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes, there is 1 designated colorfx slot, but as you noticed other effect slots allow 'color' use as well using effect_colorslider.

It should give the same results, except that changing the effect works slightly different.
For the colorfx slot, when changing the effect, it will automatically disable the previous colorfx, and also automatically activate the newly selected colorfx at the same parameter value as the old colorfx (if it was active before switching)
This behavior is not present in the regular fx slots, so you have to activate the new effect yourself, and possibly have the colorslider 'catch up' to the value of the new effect.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 18 @ 4:16 pm
Thats's cool - I can work with that :)

Posted Thu 06 Dec 18 @ 4:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)