Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sticker Drift - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Perhaps related to the difference in volume between left and right channels of your turntables then. (If volumes are the same, the 2 circles you see in calibration should overlap, but now it looks like 2 separate circles, one smaller than the other)
Probably also useful to check the calibration of your turntables (anti-skate setting, weight and cartridge connections)

Posted Wed 05 Dec 18 @ 4:28 pm
Adion... I'm trying to figure out what you are good for.

Because you would not do your job... a fellow DJ had to help me with this issue. Which proved to be very simple and straightforward, and is now solved to my satisfaction.

There are other aspects of the DVS which I find to be a hindrance, but none of them are related to my cartridges, etc..., and they can wait for another time.

If you actually want to help, answer my other question in this thread, that you previously ignored...

Posted Wed 05 Dec 18 @ 9:30 pm
like Adion suggested, I would also check TT calibration.
Adion is one of VDJ8 programmers/creator please show some respect, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here either because I come from "Adion's DJDecks". IMO VDJ forums are the best(like DJDX was), the community is very helpful and reply very quick, I sometimes write/ask help in NI,serato, and feedback takes ages....

Posted Wed 05 Dec 18 @ 11:47 pm
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
like Adion suggested, I would also check TT calibration.
Adion is one of VDJ8 programmers/creator please show some respect, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here either because I come from "Adion's DJDecks". IMO VDJ forums are the best(like DJDX was), the community is very helpful and reply very quick, I sometimes write/ask help in NI,serato, and feedback takes ages....

Partyboy, I've been around here since 2003, and I think I understand the situation quite well. And I give as good as I get.

If you want any real help from the techs here, you have to kiss a lot of @$$, and I guess I'm just not made that way.

I always try to be polite (have I not been amicable toward you?), but petty, self absorbed jerks like Adion (such a name) force me to either get on my knees (ain't happenin'...), or get loud.

On Serato's tech forum, I and others always receive whatever reasonable assistance we need, just by asking (been there a long time also)... and that is how things should be. No need to suck up to anyone and beg, just to get a simple answer. And Serato respects it's customer's opinions also.

We obviously hold two widely separated opinions, and we will never agree on the subject of Atomix' tech support. There are only a couple of guys working here who are actually worth their salt, and they are either not allowed to talk to me any longer, or have chosen the buttered side of the bread.

So you do it your way, and I'll do it mine. But all that being said... I do appreciate your insightful advice, which was right on target. And if it eases your mind (or poor beleaguered Adion's) any... I had already thoroughly checked, swaped, etc, all those hardware items before I even asked my question.

Once again, thanks... you saved me a lot of time.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 18 @ 7:20 am
@vdj_pARtybOy thank you! Think this was my last reservation about switching from Serato, at the default 0.2 it feels like you're scratching in gloves, setting this right down gets that real vinyl feel back!

@Adion wow, wonder where you are now, I was crazy into djDecks until the it's final release! Fond memories! The first to crack open the DVS vendor lock in, single handedly, what a great piece of software! Certainly brought your philosophy (and I assume code) with you. Hope you're well

Posted Thu 08 Oct 20 @ 12:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)