Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Novation Launchpad Pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What is the status of adding the Novation Launchpad Pro?

Posted Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 3:02 am
It looks like it's included in the latest EA build

Posted Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 9:34 am
Just noticed: It's also on the list of recently added controllers:

Posted Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 9:35 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Just noticed: It's also on the list of recently added controllers:

Thank you for the update. I was online last night and it didn’t come thru so I’ll have to check tomorrow!

;D

Posted Sat 10 Nov 18 @ 3:27 am
When will this build be available to the channel? I cannot find it.

Posted Sat 10 Nov 18 @ 7:49 pm
enable early access in options if u want it now :-)

Posted Sat 10 Nov 18 @ 8:33 pm
Thank you!

Posted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 10:25 pm
Latest Build shows it in the list but when I connect the Launchpad Pro I get (3) Options

2-Launchpad Pro (custom mapping)
MIDIIN2 - (2-Launchpad Pro) (custom mapping)
MIDIIN3 - (2-Launchpad Pro) (custom mapping)

there isn't anything mapped in any of these selections

Posted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 10:35 pm
deleted the lines out of the settings xml and then reconnected the Launchpad Pro and got this set of lines

<controllers>
<disableBuiltInDefinitions>no</disableBuiltInDefinitions>
<controllersCustomization>
<controller name="SIMPLE_MIDI_4661_81" mapper="SIMPLE_MIDI_4661_81 - custom mapping" />
</controllersCustomization>

Its not seeing the Launchpad Pro correctly?

Posted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 10:58 pm
I am connected to the USB Port of the Laptop with the Power Adaptor plugged in!

Posted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 11:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 1:41 am
Here are the images from my machine

Hope this helps!

Also, I appreciate your interest in helping me get this fixed!

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 7:35 am
OK, we see the problem. We will come up with a solution and email you shortly.

FYI, unfortunately we had to base the detection on the driver name, which appears that under some circumstances, Windows add a number before the name of the device, so yours got detected as 2-LaunchPad Pro instead of just LaunchPad Pro, thus was not detected.
As we cant reproduce this at will (no matter what, our unit doesnt get this 2- number), please keep your setup as is, to confirm fix with the test Build we will send you.
thanks for reporting.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 2:01 pm
Awesome! Waiting to hear from ya! Thanks!

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 6:24 pm
Okay, there appears to be something weird going on with the Device Manager (the old way to uninstall a device) BECAUSE THE WINDOWS 10 WAY USING > Settings (Windows 10) > Devices WORKED. Once I used the "Windows 10" Right Click Start (Or the Window Charm in the Taskbar) > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and Other Devices and I removed the Device called "Launchpad Pro" my problem cleared up. When I "Uninstalled" from "Device Manager" (The old way) the problem wouldn't clear up. With the assistance of an IT Friend, after the device was removed from the Windows 10 Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and Other Devices Window, he then recommended that I start Virtual DJ first then plug in the USB Device to my USB 3.0 High Speed Port and WAAAA LAAAA!

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 8:50 am
I am gonna look for repeatability when I am done this message! I'll relay my results!

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 8:54 am
Yes, its some weird Windows enumeration issue, which still remains a mystery. Meaning that OK, we know how to fix this, but why does it happen in first place ? Was perhaps some unsuccessful first installation of a Windows driver and then next time Windows thought it was a different device ? Is it some USB-type port difference, a USB hub thing ?

So, you can no more reproduce this 2- numbered device ... pity was counting on your setup to try something hehe. , but OK, its good that it works now for you.

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 1:08 pm
Sorry, had a need to be up and running tonight. Hopefully my notes about how I fixed it will help someone else! Thank you everyone for all your input! Good to have this working!

Have a blessed day!

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 7:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)